Wholey Chit! Drop it like it's hot!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Man, I gotta tell you guys, this one scared the chit outta meh...

I had this new, huge ATI card sitting on a box with a 6800GT laying on top of it, the box flipped, fell a few feet, and the 6800GT came down hard on top of the ATI card...

etc.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

DOH! That's a lot of $$$ dropping at once! Are they OK?

*Steam rising*
|<font color=red>(\__/)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(='.'=)</font color=red>|
|<font color=red>(")_(")</font color=red>|
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You know what boxes they were sitting on? My SLI settup, in their open boxes. That's FOUR cards and worth more than a month's income to me...

And then I plugged this spankin new ATI card in and my system made sirens!

Turns out I forgot the 6-pin lead. Everything is fine with the ATI card. As for the 6800GT...it needs to be tested yet.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Un-Announced and bigger than anything I've seen since the Voodoo 5.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
Good thing its still alive then. When can we expect a review?

Some people are like slinkies....
Not really good for anything but you cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Crashman, you droid.

</font color=red><b><font color=red>■ ■ <font color=blue>■ ■ <font color=orange>■ ■ <font color=green>■ Dirty Little Sausage ■ </font color=green>■ ■ </font color=orange>■ ■ </font color=blue>■ ■</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I'll tell you what ATI would say...SOON!

dhlucke

Polypheme
That big? Are they going to condense it for retail or are we going to go that route again with those massive cards that block all airflow?

<font color=red><b>Long live Dhanity and the minions scouring the depths of Wingdingium!</b>

XxxxX
(='.'=)
(")_(") Bow down before King Bunny

This was all a ploy for hype on an upcoming Sysopt.com review wasn't it?! Good! :wink:

*Steam rising*
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've got bad news: I'm fairly certain it's a hardware issue. ATI's advantage in producing more power-efficient cards seems to have disappeared with the latest tech...and the extra length holds a power converter similar to what's found on nVidia's products.

The cooler is also extra-long...probably so that a slower fan with less airflow could deliver reasonble cooling.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Actually no, the cards all flipped over and fell, an entire stack of cards, with the newest one...on top, ending up on the bottom.

Wouldn't you freak? How often do you think things fall around here?

The toast falls...jam side down, and in the rare circumstance when parts hit the floor, it's always the most expensive one first.

I was JK! I would imagine that things don't fall too often - bad for business! I'm glad to hear that the cards are ok, but sade to hear about the size issues :eek:

*Steam rising*
~~~~~
BUNNY STEW FOR DINNER!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
all new what?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What does VIA have to do with it?

pauldh

Illustrious
AIW X1800XL?

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=658042" target="_new">3DMark05</A> <A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=3781954" target="_new">3DMark03</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
d00d, I live in a freaking trailer...it nearly fell THROUGH the floor! I'd be surprised if we don't start seeing damage from people shipping systems with a card this heavy installed.

pat

Expert
Is it true that when the fan spin, you have to be carefull to not being sucked in?[/exageration]

(\__/)
(=<b>˚</b>.'=)That was my bunny..terminator!!! Now terminated...

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
o_O..... well i guess more and more people will have to assemble their own systems

AMD A64 3200+Venice @2.65GHZ
DFI Lanparty UT NF4 Ultra-D
OCZ 2x512mb EL Gold VX PC3200 ram 2-2-2-8
evga eGeforce 6800GT 256mb GDDR3 ram
Enermax 485W PSU
Bios 6/23
Windows XP SP2

pat

Expert
What!!! The card was so big that you needed a trailer to bring it home, but while getting inside, you stay stuck in the trailer, exit blocked by the fallen video card!!!

:wink:

(\__/)
(=<b>˚</b>.'=)That was my bunny..terminator!!! Now terminated...