"res://shdoclc/syntax.htm#"

I think this problem may be associated with removing the n-case spyware
(http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/nCase.html), which SpyBot caught and
removed for me.

Unfortunately, now when I open certain web pages by clicking on links,
I get the following error:

========
The page cannot be displayed

[...]

Please try the following:

Open the s: home page, and then look for links to the information you
want.
========

When I hover the mouse pointer over "s:" (which is a hyperlink), the
link shown in the status bar is:

res://shdoclc/syntax.htm#

I've tried repairing Internet Explorer using the command "sfc
/scannow", but this didn't help.

Any help?

Thanks,

P.
1 answer Last reply
More about shdoclc syntax

    Reinstall Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP:
    http://www.petri.co.il/reinstall_ie_6_on_xp.htm

    When you're prompted for the updated system files:

    Case 1: If you've installed a Service Pack (1 or 2) after you installed
    Windows XP, mention the path as follows:

    C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386

    Case 2: If you have a Windows XP Operating System CD integrated with the
    latest Service Pack, simply point to the following path:

    X:\i386

    Where X:\ is the CD-ROM drive-letter.

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "oceanclub" <paul_moloney@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I think this problem may be associated with removing the n-case spyware
    > (http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/nCase.html), which SpyBot caught and
    > removed for me.
    >
    > Unfortunately, now when I open certain web pages by clicking on links,
    > I get the following error:
    >
    > ========
    > The page cannot be displayed
    >

    > [...]
    >
    > Please try the following:
    >
    > Open the s: home page, and then look for links to the information you
    > want.
    > ========
    >
    > When I hover the mouse pointer over "s:" (which is a hyperlink), the
    > link shown in the status bar is:
    >
    > res://shdoclc/syntax.htm#
    >

    > I've tried repairing Internet Explorer using the command "sfc
    > /scannow", but this didn't help.
    >
    > Any help?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > P.