windows XP will not install

I have a dell computer it is about three years old. It worked fine up until
a few months ago. Now I got the unmountable boot error message. I did fixboot
and chkdsk. It said it created a new boot and the chkdsk found errors and
it fxed them. I tired to reformat the hard drive. It formats it and then when
it is done it just starts all over again. it is not letting me install
windows. It just keeps looping back. i again did chksdsk and it said it was
fine. i created another boot sector but it still will not install. any ideas?
1 answer Last reply
More about windows install

    "Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a dell computer it is about three years old. It worked fine up until
    > a few months ago. Now I got the unmountable boot error message. I did
    > fixboot
    > and chkdsk. It said it created a new boot and the chkdsk found errors and
    > it fxed them. I tired to reformat the hard drive. It formats it and then
    > when
    > it is done it just starts all over again. it is not letting me install
    > windows. It just keeps looping back. i again did chksdsk and it said it
    > was
    > fine. i created another boot sector but it still will not install. any
    > ideas?

    Try this link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555302

Boot Windows XP