computer dead after recovery..HELP!!

I have an hp pavillion 724c..using XP home...the system has internal locked
recovery tools. The system crashed and I ran the system recovery..now it will
not reboot..i get the error message "NTLDR is compressed..Press cntrl+alt+del
to restart"...all that happens is I get the same message again and again and
again. I purchased the system thru private parties and there was no software
included with it. I have been searching for help with this for over a week+
and have found no solutions. Is there anyone out there that can help
me..PLEASE!!!!

Handling the "NTLDR is compressed" and "NTLDR is missing" error messages
with the BootMaster Windows XP & 2000 Rescue Disk
http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz/appnote6.html

HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
information.

Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
recovery operation.
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
reinstalled.

Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"BkyS3" wrote:

| I have an hp pavillion 724c..using XP home...the system has internal locked
| recovery tools. The system crashed and I ran the system recovery..now it will
| not reboot..i get the error message "NTLDR is compressed..Press cntrl+alt+del
| to restart"...all that happens is I get the same message again and again and
| again. I purchased the system thru private parties and there was no software
| included with it. I have been searching for help with this for over a week+
| and have found no solutions. Is there anyone out there that can help
| me..PLEASE!!!!

thank you so much for responding!!!I will try your instructions later tonight
and let you know if it works. Again...THANK YOU!

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Handling the "NTLDR is compressed" and "NTLDR is missing" error messages
> with the BootMaster Windows XP & 2000 Rescue Disk
> http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz/appnote6.html
>
> HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
> not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
> space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
> information.
>
> Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
> the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
> recovery operation.
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en
>
> If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
> to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
> drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
> reinstalled.
>
> Obtaining HP Recovery CDs
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups

> "BkyS3" wrote:
>
> | I have an hp pavillion 724c..using XP home...the system has internal locked
> | recovery tools. The system crashed and I ran the system recovery..now it will
> | not reboot..i get the error message "NTLDR is compressed..Press cntrl+alt+del
> | to restart"...all that happens is I get the same message again and again and
> | again. I purchased the system thru private parties and there was no software
> | included with it. I have been searching for help with this for over a week+
> | and have found no solutions. Is there anyone out there that can help
> | me..PLEASE!!!!

Ricky

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2003

You can also read here..
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=296679&docname=c00220758

"BkyS3" <BkyS3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| thank you so much for responding!!!I will try your instructions
later tonight
| and let you know if it works. Again...THANK YOU!
|
| "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
|
| > Handling the "NTLDR is compressed" and "NTLDR is missing" error
messages
| > with the BootMaster Windows XP & 2000 Rescue Disk
| > http://bootmaster.filerecovery.biz/appnote6.html
| >
| > HP Pavilions that ship with Microsoft Windows XP do
| > not come with Recovery CDs. Instead, they use a hidden
| > space (partition) on the hard drive to store the recovery
| > information.
| >
| > Read the following article thoroughly, then follow
| > the steps outlined to perform a "non-destructive"
| > recovery operation.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bph07145&product=71013&dlc=en&lang=en

| > If a "non-destructive" recovery will not work, then you'll have
| > to resort to a "destructive recovery" which will reformat the
| > drive, thus wiping it clean of all files before Windows XP is
| > reinstalled.
| >
| > Obtaining HP Recovery CDs

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?product=71013&lang=en&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bph07143

| > --
| > Carey Frisch
| > Microsoft MVP
| > Windows XP - Shell/User
| > Microsoft Newsgroups
| >
| > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:

| > "BkyS3" wrote:
| >
| > | I have an hp pavillion 724c..using XP home...the system has
internal locked
| > | recovery tools. The system crashed and I ran the system
recovery..now it will
| > | not reboot..i get the error message "NTLDR is compressed..Press
cntrl+alt+del
| > | to restart"...all that happens is I get the same message again
and again and
| > | again. I purchased the system thru private parties and there
was no software
| > | included with it. I have been searching for help with this for
over a week+
| > | and have found no solutions. Is there anyone out there that can
help
| > | me..PLEASE!!!!

TRENDING THREADS