Recovering After doing a Recovery

After turning on Computer Windows XP Home Edition SP2 kept Restarting over &
over, Support Tech walked me through a systen recovery that would not delete
or lose any files the way I understood it. After the recovery was finished
only one user account was there, two administrative and two other accounts
were gone.

In the c drive there was a folder named My Back Up with the date & time of
the recovery, inside this folder were all the user accounts that were there
to begin with. When trying to access the two Administrator Accounts Documents
and Setting, Access is Denied. How can we get to these Files to recover our
piictures and everything else that was stored in the Folders ?

Dale H.

Dale Don't Know wrote:
> After turning on Computer Windows XP Home Edition SP2 kept
> Restarting over & over, Support Tech walked me through a
> systen recovery that would not delete or lose any files the
> way I understood it. After the recovery was finished only
> one user account was there, two administrative and two other
> accounts were gone.
>
> In the c drive there was a folder named My Back Up with the
> date & time of the recovery, inside this folder were all the
> user accounts that were there to begin with. When trying to
> access the two Administrator Accounts Documents and Setting,
> Access is Denied. How can we get to these Files to recover
> our piictures and everything else that was stored in the
> Folders ?
>
> Dale H.

You need to take ownership of the files. Take a look here for
the procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421&sd=tech

Nepatsfan