Has anyone tried to run Silent Scope with Mame32 0.62? It won't even
come up in the list to execute. I could run it through straight
command level Mame 0.99 but it just sat there with a green LED in the
upper left going round and round.

Unemulated- http://unmamed.mame.net/non_konami.html#SilentScope

I have .77b mame32. You have to know where to look,In your defense its
a pain to find sometimes. I know there was a newer one since i wanted
to run tetris GM (another incomplete emulation). Silent scope is a
complete waste anyhow. No arcade true scope and no good light gun
support. Great game. Up there with other un-mamed classics like
Wing-war and t-mek.

-isaac

Chuck Whitby wrote:

> rmassman@hotmail.com (Zinfer) wrote in news:432384f1.568909062@news-
> server.woh.rr.com:
>

>>Has anyone tried to run Silent Scope with Mame32 0.62? It won't even
>>come up in the list to execute. I could run it through straight
>>command level Mame 0.99 but it just sat there with a green LED in the
>>upper left going round and round.
>>

> It's probably not emulated in that old a version of MAME, which is most
> likely the reason it's not in the game list.
>
> Also - try alt.games.mame for MAME discussion.

Silent Scope in MAME. Sheesh, that's gotta be as bad as playing Tempest
with your keyboard.

S.W. <- Arcade Elitist Prick

Who's up for a quick round of Lethal Enforcers where we all drink
lots of beer and point at the screen and go "BANG!"

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 03:55:15 GMT, Chuck Whitby
<chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote:

>rmassman@hotmail.com (Zinfer) wrote in news:432384f1.568909062@news-
>server.woh.rr.com:
>
>> Has anyone tried to run Silent Scope with Mame32 0.62? It won't even
>> come up in the list to execute. I could run it through straight
>> command level Mame 0.99 but it just sat there with a green LED in the
>> upper left going round and round.
>>

>It's probably not emulated in that old a version of MAME, which is most
>likely the reason it's not in the game list.
Mame current version= v0.99
Mame32 current version = 0.62

>Also - try alt.games.mame for MAME discussion.
Oh for Pete's sake.

>--
>___
>Chuck Whitby - Founder
>East Coast Gaming Expo
>http://www.ecgxpo.com
>"It's the games"

My bad, just saw that 99u9 just came out of Mame32.

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 04:10:57 GMT, rmassman@hotmail.com (Zinfer) wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 03:55:15 GMT, Chuck Whitby
><chuck@toomanygames.com> wrote:
>
>>rmassman@hotmail.com (Zinfer) wrote in news:432384f1.568909062@news-
>>server.woh.rr.com:
>>
>>> Has anyone tried to run Silent Scope with Mame32 0.62? It won't even
>>> come up in the list to execute. I could run it through straight
>>> command level Mame 0.99 but it just sat there with a green LED in the
>>> upper left going round and round.
>>>

>>It's probably not emulated in that old a version of MAME, which is most
>>likely the reason it's not in the game list.
>Mame current version= v0.99
>Mame32 current version = 0.62
>

>>Also - try alt.games.mame for MAME discussion.
>Oh for Pete's sake.
>>
>>--
>>___
>>Chuck Whitby - Founder
>>East Coast Gaming Expo
>>http://www.ecgxpo.com
>>"It's the games"

Thanks, that's some disappointing news. There was one other that was
a bit cartoonish, but it was 3d, movement was real smooth. Shooting
game. Thunder Bullet or something like that. Very close to Silent
Scope and it did work under mame. Can't for the life of me remember
the name of it. Maybe Virtua Cop??

rmassman@hotmail.com (Zinfer) wrote in news:4323ae02.579421921@news-
server.woh.rr.com:

>>It's probably not emulated in that old a version of MAME, which is most
>>likely the reason it's not in the game list.
> Mame current version= v0.99
> Mame32 current version = 0.62

Perhaps we're crossing some wires somewhere, but AFAIK MAME32 has been
keeping up to date with the regular command line MAME for some time now.
Is there perhaps something I'm missing?

>>Also - try alt.games.mame for MAME discussion.
> Oh for Pete's sake.

? I wasn't telling him to redirect his question there - just thought
perhaps someone on there would have more information for him.

--
___
Chuck Whitby - Founder

TRENDING THREADS