Apllication PopUp: Application Error

I have tried installing some programs on my PC which has WIN XP Pro w/SP2
asthe OS and recieve the following error message.

Application popup:Application Error: WOWEXEC caused a general protection
fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL at 000A:0032

Choose close. WOWEXEC will close.

This is becoming very frustrating because i know WOWEXEC is a 16 bit program
processor and I don't understand what is going on.
1 answer Last reply
More about apllication popup application error

    "" wrote:
    > I have tried installing some programs on my PC which has WIN
    > XP Pro w/SP2
    > asthe OS and recieve the following error message.
    >
    > Application popup:Application Error: WOWEXEC caused a general
    > protection
    > fault in module MMSYSTEM.DLL at 000A:0032
    >
    > Choose close. WOWEXEC will close.
    >
    > This is becoming very frustrating because i know WOWEXEC is a
    > 16 bit program
    > processor and I don't understand what is going on.

    Do you have a 64bit system?

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Apllication-PopUp-Application-Error-ftopict551407.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747702

Windows XP