Running WinXPHome SP2.
When I access the Modem or even the Modem Properties in Device Manager,
Windows reboots. Reinstalling ISP Software causes reboot as soon as it
attempts to access modem.

Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option and next time, the system won't
reboot. Instead it shows the STOP blue screen. There you can identify which
driver is causing the error.

Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and
then click System. Click the Advanced tab. Under Startup and Recovery, click
Settings. Under System Failure, select the check boxes that correspond to
the actions that you want Windows to perform if a sever error occurs.
Uncheck "Automatically restart"

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Carol Hooton" <reillyraider@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> Running WinXPHome SP2.
> When I access the Modem or even the Modem Properties in Device Manager,
> Windows reboots. Reinstalling ISP Software causes reboot as soon as it
> attempts to access modem.

OK - Received an 0x7E error, a mini memory dump, then asked to sent report
to Microsoft:

Technical Information:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8ad1.dir00\Mini062905-07.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER8ad1.dir00\sysdata.xml

Am I missing something? Don't see a driver report anywhere?

Carol

> Uncheck the "Automatically Restart" option and next time, the system won't
> reboot. Instead it shows the STOP blue screen. There you can identify
which
> driver is causing the error.
>
> Click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and
> then click System. Click the Advanced tab. Under Startup and Recovery,
click
> Settings. Under System Failure, select the check boxes that correspond to
> the actions that you want Windows to perform if a sever error occurs.
> Uncheck "Automatically restart"
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>

> "Carol Hooton" <reillyraider@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > Running WinXPHome SP2.
> > When I access the Modem or even the Modem Properties in Device Manager,
> > Windows reboots. Reinstalling ISP Software causes reboot as soon as it
> > attempts to access modem.

Carol,

Well, it does not give the driver filename. Store the Mini dump and xml file
in case you want to show it to a tech for crash dump analysis.