Mushkin - misleading site

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
Hi, I wanted to get a cheap 256MB mp3 player with no features, so I went to mushkin.com and saw they had an mp3 player sale. So I went to the link and saw that they had a package of 3 for 199$ - extremely cheap! I checked everything and ordered it. When it arrived I realised that it wasn't at all an mp3 player but a 256MB disk on key... They advertised under mp3 players... I wonder if they would take it back and ship me 2 mp3 players (which of course cost more)

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

Coyote

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2003
Go for it man. Turn that stuff back in and get what you wanted.

XP 2000+
MSI KT3 ULTRA-2 KT333
Maxtor 60GB ATA 133 7200RPM
512MB PC2700
ABIT G4 Ti4200 OTES 64MB
Win98SE

dhlucke

Polypheme
I'm confused. Did it say that it was a MP3 player or not? Why would you buy a three pack of MP3 players? Who even sells MP3 players by the triplet?

dhlucke

Polypheme
Ah, I looked at their site and it says Flash/MP3 drives and then the 3 pack is called a Flashkin drive not a MP3 player.

Simple oversight on your part. Call them up and see if they'll be sympathetic and waive the restocking fee if they have one. If you didn't open the package it'll probably help.

dhlucke

Polypheme
They don't even have a restocking fee. What are you waiting for? Just call them up and do an exchange. You have 2 weeks.

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
The reason I got confused is because you click on the "mp3 sale" and than you can buy a flash disk which is not an mp3 player at all.
I called them and asked to send back the 3 pack of drives and get 2 mp3 players instead (costs 25$ more). They agreed to waive the shipping of it all (even me sending the 3-pack back) and they won't need any form of paiment, instead, they would charge the card I paid with the additional 25$.

----------
I'm a nuclear reactor cooling system programmer, if you see me running, it's probably already too late.

ytoledano

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2003
My bother and me wanted one and we were thinking of givining as a gift, and at 66$ a piece it was very very cheap (only it turned out that the USB drive cost 66$ a piece when you buy 3, not the mp3 player)

----------

dhlucke

Polypheme
Was that necessary? We all make mistakes. A stupid person is one who keeps repeating them.

mikester0421

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2003
I have ordered at least $700 worth of RAM from Mushkin and have never had a single problem with either their product or their customer service. I find them to be an excellent company, and I think you CS experience with them highlights this.