USB Printer Trouble

Hello,
I have a brothers HL-1240 printer hooked into my computer using a USB cable. Problem is when I do a cold or warm reboot I have to unplug the printer from the USB connection to print. I get an error of problem with printer check connection... The system properties gets a Unknown device added to it under the USB section, and when I do the unplug/plug routine it goes away and printer printes fine again. I have an Asus p3c2000 motherboard (I have latest bios for MB). I've used the USB cable with a Dlink USB hub and still have same trouble. I've taken a look, but is there a MB setting that I change to make the printer allway work? or what else?
3 answers Last reply
More about printer trouble
  1. USB is finicky. Unplug your printer. Uninstall your driver. Re-install your printer driver. Then plug the printer back in last.

:cool: James
  2. I had a problem with a cust printer, he had a HP printer and the problem turned out to be the Via usb root hub controller, I uninstalled it, rebooted windows, Win found the root hub, reinstalled the drivers and it has worked fine ever since, could be something to try
  3. I have a VIA root hub, and I am trying to connect my HP Photosmart printer to this. I have been working on this for 5 days and havent gotten it to work. I have uninstalled all the USB devices to let Windows reinstall them, but this didnt change a thing. When you uninstalled the root hub, was the printer still connected to the PC?
    Im trying to determine if its my PC or the printer and how to fix it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Printers USB Peripherals