Windows 7 Professional (for students only)

kodancer

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2009
I was thinking about upgrading my old desktop to windows 7, and I came across this site: http://www.microsoft.com/student/en/us/windows/buynow/default.aspx Now I'm going to be a freshman this year at my college and received my email about a month ago. I have no experience in taking advantage of my student discount. How it works, if there's any marketing scheme involved, if my college will charge me, etc. As you figured out by now, I'm pretty skeptical and clueless to this subject. But it's microsoft. I entered my school email and it accepted it, sending me an email to confirm this process. Is there anything that I should watch out for if I do pay a merely price of 30 bucks because of my student discount?

Just do as saint19 recommended. It's a pretty simple procedure, as that is how I acquired my copy of W7 Pro. Basically, all MS needs is your e-mail address (it has to be a .edu addy) and basic info. If you give them that much, you should get the discounted version.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
Hi kodancer - The student price is a GREAT way to get your hands on Windows 7. As the others have said, the eligibility and purchase instructions are spelled out clearly for you when you decided to purchase. Like buwish said, you will need a valid .edu email address so make sure you obtain that from your college. The official Microsoft website to purchase Windows 7 at the student price is here, www.win741.com/

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach