HELP - Computer not Reading Drives other than C

My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not read from
any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say they are
working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose a great
deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of recovering it.
4 answers Last reply
More about help computer reading drives

    The scan showed: C: Healthy System; CD-ROM - 0, CD-ROM (D:) No Media; CD-ROM
    - 1, CD-ROM (E:) No Media and didn't even show my A drive.

    "" wrote:
    > My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will
    > not read from
    > any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all
    > say they are
    > working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would
    > lose a great
    > deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of
    > recovering it.

    You should try opening the disk management panle Start > Run type
    diskmgmt.msc and ok, and please report back as to what that says the
    status of the drives are, if your not carefull with diskmgmt.msc you
    can format your HD and lose all data on non system disks.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Computer-Reading-Drives-ftopict551410.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747701

    Have a look at this link..
    http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xp-autorun.html

    "Angels4me57" <Angels4me57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | The scan showed: C: Healthy System; CD-ROM - 0, CD-ROM (D:) No
    Media; CD-ROM
    | - 1, CD-ROM (E:) No Media and didn't even show my A drive.
    |

    | "Angels4me57" wrote:
    |
    | > My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not
    read from
    | > any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say
    they are
    | > working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose
    a great
    | > deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of
    recovering it.

    Ricky,
    I tried this on all my drives and it didn't work. On one of the CD drives it
    said it was malfunctioning but that it couldn't fix it, but the others didn't
    have any problems.

    "Ricky" wrote:

    > Have a look at this link..
    > http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xp-autorun.html
    >
    > "Angels4me57" <Angels4me57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | The scan showed: C: Healthy System; CD-ROM - 0, CD-ROM (D:) No
    > Media; CD-ROM
    > | - 1, CD-ROM (E:) No Media and didn't even show my A drive.
    > |

    > | "Angels4me57" wrote:
    > |
    > | > My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not
    > read from
    > | > any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say
    > they are
    > | > working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose
    > a great
    > | > deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of
    > recovering it.

Device Manager Support Computers Microsoft Windows XP