HELP - Computer not Reading Drives other than C

June 29, 2005 12:10:18 PM

My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not read from
any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say they are
working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose a great
deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of recovering it.
Anonymous
June 29, 2005 10:47:01 PM

The scan showed: C: Healthy System; CD-ROM - 0, CD-ROM (D:)  No Media; CD-ROM
- 1, CD-ROM (E:)  No Media and didn't even show my A drive.

"Angels4me57" wrote:

> My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not read from
> any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say they are
> working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose a great
> deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of recovering it.
June 30, 2005 12:35:50 AM

"" wrote:
> My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will
> not read from
> any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all
> say they are
> working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would
> lose a great
> deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of
> recovering it.

You should try opening the disk management panle Start > Run type
diskmgmt.msc and ok, and please report back as to what that says the
status of the drives are, if your not carefull with diskmgmt.msc you
can format your HD and lose all data on non system disks.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Computer-Re...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1747701
Related resources
June 30, 2005 1:30:09 AM

Have a look at this link..
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/xp-autorun.html

"Angels4me57" <Angels4me57@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| The scan showed: C: Healthy System; CD-ROM - 0, CD-ROM (D:)  No
Media; CD-ROM
| - 1, CD-ROM (E:)  No Media and didn't even show my A drive.
|

| "Angels4me57" wrote:
|
| > My computer recognizes I have A, D, and E drives, but it will not
read from
| > any of them. When I check the hardware device manager they all say
they are
| > working properly. I do not want to reformat C because I would lose
a great
| > deal of data and since I can't put it on CDs I have no way of
recovering it.
Anonymous
July 5, 2005 8:49:01 PM

Ricky,
I tried this on all my drives and it didn't work. On one of the CD drives it
said it was malfunctioning but that it couldn't fix it, but the others didn't
have any problems.

!