TECH: Asteroids cabaret -PCB questions

Hi!

Somehow I havn't found a service manual for the cabaret version of the
Asteroids-pcb. Selftest tells me that RAM#3 is defective, but at position M4
I only find a 74LS86P, which I think is only a logic IC, am I right?

Also in game mode, P1&P2 flashed rapidly and the game continuous making fast
resets, at least I can see the gamescreen right, except a diagonal line
across the screen.

I have a very high res picture of the pcb (2,7MB) here.
http://www.retrospieler.de/images/asteroids/Asteroids%20PCBhighres.JPG

Also you can see the problem at my homepage at http://www.retrospieler.de
under BONUS / ASTEROIDS.

Hope you might could take a look at it what you think?

Thanx in advance

Carsten

Just forgot - at service mode I've no picture. In the Asteroids encyclopedia
it seems like the 74LS191 at K5 might be the problem, but again, there is
none at this position on my PCB!

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 13:43:25 +0200, "Carsten Wessels"
<Spektakulum_trash@hotmail.com> wrote:

What you have there isn't an original Asteroids board - must be a
bootleg. Look at all the snipped wires that you have in the cab (or
that's what it looks like from your pictures).

> What you have there isn't an original Asteroids board - must be a
> bootleg. Look at all the snipped wires that you have in the cab (or
> that's what it looks like from your pictures).

Thanx - never suspected to have a bootleg in an original Atari cab. Guess
the original board must have died some day so they replaced it with a
cheaper bootleg.

I'll try my best to find out where the problem might be.