Windows asking for Password

June 29, 2005 2:09:03 PM

Please help me. I have urgent work that needs to be done. In the past, when I
turn on the computer, it has never asked for a password. This morning I
turned it on and it goes straight to the windows logon screen. I can't log on
because I haven't set up a password. How do I get around this and where did
it come from?! Thanks.

More about : windows password

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 5:17:53 PM

Try leaving the password blank.
Otherwise something here should help:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org

"kittiei" <kittiei@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help me. I have urgent work that needs to be done. In the past,
> when I
> turn on the computer, it has never asked for a password. This morning I
> turned it on and it goes straight to the windows logon screen. I can't log
> on
> because I haven't set up a password. How do I get around this and where
> did
> it come from?! Thanks.

Anonymous
June 29, 2005 11:06:38 PM

Hi

If you are running XP Home Edition, try leaving the password blank.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

!