Worst thing

Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2005 3:26:49 PM

What is the worst thing a manager has said in the football world? Never
mind what it`s about, just the WORST!!

I remember the Danish coach, Morten Olsen, after a game Denmark lost to
an african nation (I think it was Nigeria): "We should never have tought
them how to play football". Insult, racism...all in one really.

Pink

More about : worst thing

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 3:26:50 PM

"Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in

> What is the worst thing a manager has said in the football world?
> Never mind what it`s about, just the WORST!!
>
> I remember the Danish coach, Morten Olsen, after a game Denmark
> lost to an african nation (I think it was Nigeria): "We should
> never have tought them how to play football". Insult, racism...all
> in one really.

Chairman, rather than manager:

"The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and
flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up
and give the team some brains and some common sense."
- Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991 on the
difficulties of adjusting to playing football and living in a foreign
country:

I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking the above is kind of funny. I
mean, seriously, you'd have to be mad to come out with that and not
realise it'd come back and bite you!

--
PG
Anonymous

"PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
> "Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in
> Chairman, rather than manager:
>
> "The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and
> flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up
> and give the team some brains and some common sense."
> - Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991 on the
> difficulties of adjusting to playing football and living in a foreign
> country:
>
> I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking the above is kind of funny. I
> mean, seriously, you'd have to be mad to come out with that and not
> realise it'd come back and bite you!

Or was he simply talking from experience?
August 20, 2005 4:39:04 PM

"mazza" <numpty@numptymail.com> wrote in message
> "PivotalG" <pivotalgubbins@nospamsent.com> wrote in message
>> "Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in
>> Chairman, rather than manager:
>>
>> "The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and
>> flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up
>> and give the team some brains and some common sense."
>> - Crystal Palace chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991 on the
>> difficulties of adjusting to playing football and living in a foreign
>> country:
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking the above is kind of funny. I
>> mean, seriously, you'd have to be mad to come out with that and not
>> realise it'd come back and bite you!
>
> Or was he simply talking from experience?

Well i think it's one of those comments that would get you sacked nowadays.
So whether he was saying the truth, that the white players in his club had a
better footballing brain or whatever, you don't seperate them due to colour,
when you do it shows the element of racism.

--
Pete "Old Boy" Heslop

Owner and Forum Admin at: http://www.fmunderground.net/

My Own 24 hour Radio Station (Looking for Djs):
http://sc3.audiorealm.com:12750/
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 6:00:20 PM

"mazza" <numpty@numptymail.com> wrote in

>> I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking the above is kind of funny.
>> I mean, seriously, you'd have to be mad to come out with that and
>> not realise it'd come back and bite you!
>
> Or was he simply talking from experience?

I'm sure he was trying to make a point... it's the WAY you make that
point that matters though.

e.g. Foreign players bring over considerable flair and skill, but
they need to be mixed with homegrown lads that offer that grit and
determination that is essential for success.

It isn't hard to be more tactful.

--
PG
Anonymous

"Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> schreef in bericht
> What is the worst thing a manager has said in the football world? Never
> mind what it`s about, just the WORST!!
>
> I remember the Danish coach, Morten Olsen, after a game Denmark lost to an
> african nation (I think it was Nigeria): "We should never have tought them
> how to play football". Insult, racism...all in one really.
>
> Pink

Libregts Remark some decades ago got back to him in the end. Libregts said
about an 18 year old promising player: 'That changeable form... typical for
a black'.
The player in question was Ruud Gullit, who managed as captain of the Dutch
Squad that Libregts was fired as coach of the Dutch team.

On the other hand. Gil y gil must have made more stupid remarks.

Kees Jansma (reporter) once complained (in a live airing) about the people
behind making noise. He said to the director to ask if they could be more
silent... unless they were German, then they should be shot instantly
Anonymous
August 20, 2005 8:13:19 PM

> "mazza" <numpty@numptymail.com> wrote in
>
>>> I'm sorry, but I can't help thinking the above is kind of funny.
>>> I mean, seriously, you'd have to be mad to come out with that and
>>> not realise it'd come back and bite you!
>>
>> Or was he simply talking from experience?
>
> I'm sure he was trying to make a point... it's the WAY you make that
> point that matters though.
>
> e.g. Foreign players bring over considerable flair and skill, but
> they need to be mixed with homegrown lads that offer that grit and
> determination that is essential for success.
>
> It isn't hard to be more tactful.

Aye, haha, good old Ron Noades has never been one for tact.
August 21, 2005 3:16:55 AM

but noades is a tosser... still won't let us buy the ground.. wanker

!