Trojan horse in WindowsSystem32 file

My sister's computer has a trojan horse, they give no name to the trojan
horse. It is in the Windows\System32\urpwtr.exe file. Norton Antivirus
cannot repair, delete or quarantine it, so how does a person get rid of it??
Norton also denies me access to the file. I've tried looking for the file
myself to delete it but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know what I
should do? Does anyone know what that file is and if I do get to delete it
will it make her computer stop working?? I've also tried Microsoft's
Malicious Software Removal Tool and it said that there are no malicious files
to remove. I do know that she has a virus in her computer because the
computer is always acting up and is so slow!! I'm hoping someone can help me
because she really doesn't want to have to spend the big bucks for some
professional help removing it but if I can't do it then she might have to!!
Hope to hear from someone soon.
1 answer Last reply
More about trojan horse windowssystem32 file

    Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Bakerygirl" wrote:

    | My sister's computer has a trojan horse, they give no name to the trojan
    | horse. It is in the Windows\System32\urpwtr.exe file. Norton Antivirus
    | cannot repair, delete or quarantine it, so how does a person get rid of it??
    | Norton also denies me access to the file. I've tried looking for the file
    | myself to delete it but cannot find it anywhere. Does anyone know what I
    | should do? Does anyone know what that file is and if I do get to delete it
    | will it make her computer stop working?? I've also tried Microsoft's
    | Malicious Software Removal Tool and it said that there are no malicious files
    | to remove. I do know that she has a virus in her computer because the
    | computer is always acting up and is so slow!! I'm hoping someone can help me
    | because she really doesn't want to have to spend the big bucks for some
    | professional help removing it but if I can't do it then she might have to!!
    | Hope to hear from someone soon.

Trojan Computers Windows XP