Can’t log on to windows xp

hi.

I have a very complicated problem that’s been frustrating me. I can’t
log on to my desktop pc anymore. It gives me this message when i type
in my password : windows cannot log on because your profile cannot be
loaded. check that you are connected to the network, or that your
network is functioning correctly. if this problem persists, contacte
your network administrator."

before this happened. I was trying to set up networks on my my desktop
and my laptop. I wanted to transfer files from my desktop to my new
laptop. I did the whole set up net wizard thing and named the folders
the same name on laptop n desktop... I am using a cat5e crossover
cable to connect to both. well after i set up the networks... i can
see printer icons pop up on both screen and well i decided to restart
the both laptop and pc and after the laptop log on ok, but the pc .. a
box popped up showing something of i believe proxy... or ... i forgot
what it said.. something i’d say related to network... i believe i
pressed canceled and then the log on box pops up and i typed in my
password and that’s when the message showed. last night that box
popped up on my laptop too... i’ve attempted to set up networks a few
times on my laptop and pc too... cuz’ i didn’t know how to access or
transfer files between the two that’s why i tried to set up networks a
few times. but I hope someone can help me. i tried calling microsoft,
but they told me to go online for help, because the computers were pre
installed with the software and they can’t help.

thank you,
Linda

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-log-windows-xp-ftopict551295.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1746610

To Logon as Default Administrator on Pro Edition, from Welcome screen, press Ctrl-Alt-Delete, Twice , type "Administrator" and use a
blank password (on Home edition - boot to Safe mode - F8 on restart , same logon)

How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

--
Mark L. Ferguson