Sign in with
Your question

GeForce ->Quadro

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2000 9:55:39 AM

Hi there all - now im just going to ask about the old GeForce to Quadro hack that i heard about somewhere - like switching a resistor somewhere on your GeForce which unlocks the id pin - allowing the Os to recognise it as a quadro and thus use all the extra features - what are peoples general thoughts on this?

(i have a GeForce and am thinking of doing said hack ;P)

More about : geforce quadro

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2000 4:47:35 PM

I did this to my Creative Annihilator SDR. It's not particularly hard assuming that you can solder pretty small parts. Next chance I get I'll pull my board out and check what resistors you switch if you'd like to know. Another thing: you can only use Detonators or cracked Elsa drivers (get 'em from zoiah.m3dzone.com I think) after the hack, so if you like your Creative or Guillemot or whatever drivers you'd be out of luck.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2000 8:36:25 PM

Thats cool - i already know which resistors i have to solder - but do you know what will happen to my TV out?- i do use this once in a while to record stuff :I - and i only use dets anyway :) 
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2000 10:14:48 PM

All the info you need for "GeForce/GeForce 2 -> Quadro/Quadro2 "

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/tnaw_xtennis/" target="_new">http://www.geocities.com/tnaw_xtennis/&lt;/A>

Image Quality of Quadro Hacking Cards ( 15/09/2000 )

SPECviewperf and SPECapc Test of the Hacked GeForce/GeForce2 ( 27/08/2000 )

Chip ID of the NVIDIA Based Card ( 22/08/2000 )

Essentials of Modifying that GeForce/GeForce2 to a Quadro/Quadro2 ( 16/08/2000 )

GeForce/GeForce2 -> Quadro/Quadro2 Database

GeForce/GeForce2 -> Quadro/Quadro2 Message Board

Turn your GeForce 256/ 2 GTS/ 2 MX into a Quadro/ 2 Pro/ 2 MXR ( 28/07/2000 )

Hack GeForce 2 GTS to Quadro2 Pro and SPECviewperf 6.1.1 Benchmarks ( 22/07/2000 )

Hack GeForce 256 to Quadro and SPEC-APC ( Pro/ENGINEER 2000i ) Benchmarks ( 12/07/2000 )

Hack GeForce 256 to Quadro and SPECviewperf 6.1.1 Benchmarks ( 7/07/2000 )
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 11, 2000 10:50:55 PM

hey thanks tnaw - you da man! :) 
November 12, 2000 3:58:58 AM

Tom, this hack seems to fit your site perfectly. how about doing a review (much like the Promise ata66 -> RAID controller hack). If this is indeed a creditable hack and given the benchmarks I saw it may answer my previous question about a crossover card between gaming and prof. CAD. (for less than $1800-$4500 (like the Oxygen cards)).

MJK
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2000 4:17:04 AM

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, and to the Geforce family.

Can anyone tell me what I can expect by going from a GeForce to a Quadro?

More, from where I live, connecting to Geocities is restricted. Is there anyway to get around?
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2000 9:49:23 AM

Yes indeed if Mr Thomas Pabst could look into it that would be very cool indeed - unless of course getting more publicity about it would make Nvidia decide to make ways towards stopping the practice - yet i cant see how they could....hmmm
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 12, 2000 10:56:32 AM

I have a GeForce 2MX in my 2nd PC. Would it work with this card? (I'm dissatisfied with the performance compared with the GTS in my main PC!).
November 12, 2000 7:41:10 PM

you could expect better fps in games and just a wee bit more heat coming off of the card. i'd invest in another fan and mabey think about keeping a fire extinguisher near by.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2000 10:54:55 AM

lol @ the fire extinguisher!

Well the main benefit is in 3d apps due to the quadros extra capabilities, yet ive been thinking about the hack and a question has raised itself:

I have a Leadtek DDR 32Mb with TV out, I'm under the impression that the TV out feature is within the Bios of my card, but obviously when i hack it - win2k will recognise my card as a Quadro and install the quadro drivers.

Now the Crux is.... Do the Quadro Drivers support TV out? - or will i have to add some registry file to enable it?
November 15, 2000 1:21:25 PM

I have an Elsa Erazor X2 and i switched my resistors. With a steady hand it's pretty simple and it works extremely well.

"upgrading is no longer an option...it's a necessity"
Visit www.elitehunters.com
--SoulReaper =)
!