UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume on HP

I have a 1 year old HP and i have instaled quite a lot of things on it.
Recently it started to display the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume error. Safe Mode
doesn't work and i didn't recive the XP CD from HP.

Is there a way to fix that problem without having to delete any software?
4 answers Last reply
More about unmountable_boot_volume

    ""STOP 0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME" Error Message When You Restart
    Your Computer or Upgrade to Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297185

    "Unmountable Boot Volume"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555302

    "Stop 0x000000ED Error Message When Volume on IDE Drive with Caching Enabled
    Is Mounted"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315403

    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Xargos" <Xargos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a 1 year old HP and i have instaled quite a lot of things on it.
    > Recently it started to display the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume error. Safe
    Mode
    > doesn't work and i didn't recive the XP CD from HP.
    >
    > Is there a way to fix that problem without having to delete any software?

    Hi

    Please try the following link to Jim Eshelman's web page - right hand column
    (ED)

    http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Xargos" <Xargos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a 1 year old HP and i have instaled quite a lot of things on it.
    > Recently it started to display the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume error. Safe
    > Mode
    > doesn't work and i didn't recive the XP CD from HP.
    >
    > Is there a way to fix that problem without having to delete any software?

    Xargos <Xargos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have a 1 year old HP and i have instaled quite a lot of things on it.
    >Recently it started to display the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume error. Safe Mode
    >doesn't work and i didn't recive the XP CD from HP.
    >
    >Is there a way to fix that problem without having to delete any software?

    Check the value of parameter 2 for the STOP message.

    If that reads 0xC0000032 then the problem is a damaged file structure
    and that can usually be repaired.

    Go to http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=310994 and download the boot
    diskette images for your specific version of Windows XP.

    Create the diskettes and use them to boot your computer.

    When it stops at the A:\> prompt enter the following command:

    CHKDSK C: /R

    When it has finished remove the boot diskette and reboot the computer.
    Hopefully it will boot okay.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    "" wrote:
    > Xargos <Xargos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a 1 year old HP and i have instaled quite a lot of
    > things on it.
    > >Recently it started to display the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume
    > error. Safe Mode
    > >doesn't work and i didn't recive the XP CD from HP.
    > >
    > >Is there a way to fix that problem without having to delete
    > any software?
    >
    > Check the value of parameter 2 for the STOP message.
    >
    > If that reads 0xC0000032 then the problem is a damaged file
    > structure
    > and that can usually be repaired.
    >
    > Go to http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=310994 and download
    > the boot
    > diskette images for your specific version of Windows XP.
    >
    > Create the diskettes and use them to boot your computer.
    >
    > When it stops at the A:> prompt enter the following command:
    >
    > CHKDSK C: /R
    >
    > When it has finished remove the boot diskette and reboot the
    > computer.
    > Hopefully it will boot okay.
    >
    > Good luck
    >

    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    > --
    > Microsoft MVP
    > On-Line Help Computer Service
    > http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    > http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    most hp’s a year ago w/ windows xp didnt come with windows xp cd’s you
    have to press F10 when the HP screen comes up when you turn the PC on.
    There is a hidden recovery partition on the drive.

    you should be able to try a non destructive restore, if you click
    advanced on the restore menu it will do destructive restore.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_Volume-HP-ftopict551502.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1750941

Hewlett Packard Boot Windows XP