2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 14-17
I'm thinking 17'' is a little too big for caring in my backpack.
3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080 or an IPS. Screen is reallly important to me
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable
5. How much battery life do you need? 9 cell I would say
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Low to medium gaming
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) mostly just programming
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 120GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. Thinking about buying a T530 thinkpad from lenovo
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Probably 3-5 years
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just a DVD rom
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Im thinking business grade along the lines of a Thinkpad but I would like to know what else is out there in that quality as I'm ignorant.
13. What country do you live in? USA
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
What quality machines are out there you guys recommend? I need speed. Thinking of getting a think pad than changing out the hd with a ssd, but wondering if that voids the warranty. Any brands you guys recommend other than lenovo thinkpad?
This here will play any game you through at it on high! This is the fastest AMD mobile card on the market right now. It will literally get 2x the frames on High/Ultra compared to the HD 4000 playing on medium/low.
I understand these are over your budget but both are very TOP QUALITY build!
I was able to also find this. Seems much lower than the "Ultrabook" samsung in terms of pricing but a very quality and top build that you wont find anywhere else in its price range (May I mention low quality HP builds lol - no hate HP) I mentioned above and yet more powerful in terms of processing power and gaming (I7 VS I5/ GT640 Vs HD graphics) http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-NP700Z5C-S01US-15-6-Inch-...
Samsung claims that it gets 9.2 hours of battery life! Happy hunting!