SP2 - hung up XP PRO- Help??

I upgraded a XP home to XP PRO older ver. Upon downloading SP2, activity
stopped responding for several hours. Failing all else, powered machine down.
Now startup loops to XP Pro opening screen and then starts over. Boot disk in
A reads but does not take over. XP copy in CD same. Where do I go from here
with this looping XP Pro copy??? thanks

Gregory;
1. How to use the Automatic Recovery feature to recover your computer if
the Windows XP Service Pack 2 Setup program is not completed successfully:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=875355

2. Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.
If that fails, reboot tapping F8 again this time choosing Safe Mode.
Then System Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore

3. Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

4. When you are ready for SP-2, follow the Service Pack Installation
Checklist:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
http://www.dts-l.org