Trojan Horse Viruses

My daughter is home from college with her 2 year old Dell Computer with XP
Home Edition. She had 200 viruses. They were healed with AVG Anti-Virus
which are now stored in the Vault. They are as listed:
Trojanhorse Back Door.Agent 8.L
C:/WINDOWS/ntgd.exe - Backup Copy Infected

Trojan Horses Start page 19.AO
C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32)mgroe.dll - Backup Copy Infected

Problem: On booting up - Windows XP HE appears and loads.
Then Windows start up appears but takes 15 minutes to load. Why does it
take so long? All programs had been running very slow so I reinstalled XP HE
including Service Pack 1 and it ran much faster after the installation. But
did not solve the start up problem.

Do I need to get rid of the Trojan Horses on the backup copies and if so how
would I do this. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Betty
1 answer Last reply
More about trojan horse viruses

    Please consult the experts in the virus removal newsgroup:

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Betty dr" wrote:

    | My daughter is home from college with her 2 year old Dell Computer with XP
    | Home Edition. She had 200 viruses. They were healed with AVG Anti-Virus
    | which are now stored in the Vault. They are as listed:
    | Trojanhorse Back Door.Agent 8.L
    | C:/WINDOWS/ntgd.exe - Backup Copy Infected
    |
    | Trojan Horses Start page 19.AO
    | C:/WINDOWS/SYSTEM 32)mgroe.dll - Backup Copy Infected
    |
    | Problem: On booting up - Windows XP HE appears and loads.
    | Then Windows start up appears but takes 15 minutes to load. Why does it
    | take so long? All programs had been running very slow so I reinstalled XP HE
    | including Service Pack 1 and it ran much faster after the installation. But
    | did not solve the start up problem.
    |
    | Do I need to get rid of the Trojan Horses on the backup copies and if so how
    | would I do this. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Betty

Trojan Windows XP