Killer Instinct Project - Running KI or KI2 using an IDE t..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 12, 2005 12:41:58 AM

Hi -

I finally got around to updating the Killer Instinct Project web site
to show how to run your KI or KI2 using an IDE to CompactFlash
adapter.

Not familiar with this idea? Clay Cowgill explains it nicely here:
http://www.multigame.com/CF.html

This has all been done before, but I put together a web page
specialized to KI and KI2 (with images)...

The Killer Instinct Project Main Page:
http://www.revisionx.com/ki.html

Click the IDE to CompactFlash adapter link in the middle of the page.

As usual, if you have any questions about any material on my web site,
just send an e-mail.

Thanks,
Maximus...
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 4:36:33 AM

I still have a few of these ready to go for KI or KI2. I use a laptop size
IDE/CF adapter so no extra power wiring is required:

Killer Instinct CompactFlash hard drive replacement

Is your Killer Instinct hard drive bad or do you simply want to replace it
with modern technology? A CompactFlash hard drive replacement will provide
you with worry free gaming for years and years. With no moving parts and
solid state flash memory this replacement kit will have your Killer Instinct
running perfectly with no worries about drive failure.

What you get:

A new CompactFlash card with a 100% working Killer Instinct v1.0 disk image
loaded onto it.

An IDE/CF adapter with the CompactFlash already installed.

A latest version boot rom chip (L 1.5d IDE).

Installation is simple. Simply unplug the Killer Instinct hard drive from
it's cable and plug in the IDE/CF adapter. Unlike full size disk
replacements no extra power wiring or hard drive adapters are needed.
Unplug the boot rom chip (U98 chip) and plug in it's replacement.

Each replacement is tested in a dedicated Killer Instinct game before
shipping. You will receive a brand new CompactFlash card instead of an old
refurbished hard drive.

Price: $50 + $5 shipping (USPS Priority Mail) anywhere in the USA.
International delivery for $10 (USPS Global Priority Mail - where available,
see www.usps.com).

Killer Instinct 2 CompactFlash hard drive replacement also available ($10
more due to larger CompactFlash card size). Will work with original KI2
boards or KI to KI2 conversion kits.

See pictures here -

KI IDE/CF drive Vs. KI original drive:
http://home.comcast.net/~curtmac/KICFIDE11.JPG

KI2 IDE/CF drive Vs. KI2 original drive:
http://home.comcast.net/~curtmac/KICFIDE12.JPG

KI Disk Check screen:
http://home.comcast.net/~curtmac/KICFIDE13.JPG

KI2 Disk Check screen: