system restore

Jimmy

I'm running windows XP home edition and I did a system restore last week and
now I'm trying to do it again for the present day, but when I to system tools
and click on system restore, comes up but it's empty, nothing there. Am I
missing a file, is the system corrupt. Please let me know, if you have a cure
for this and also I can't go to windows update page. .

Hi Jimmy,

Run the first two scripts one at a time and see if the System Restore
Wizard appears.

System Restore Calendar Blank
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestore_blank.htm

Restore the default associations for htm/html files
Windows XP File Association Fixes

More Information.
Several dialog boxes are blank
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430&sd=RMVP

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Jimmy wrote:
> I'm running windows XP home edition and I did a system
> restore last week and now I'm trying to do it again for
> the present day, but when I to system tools and click on
> system restore, comes up but it's empty, nothing there.
> Am I missing a file, is the system corrupt. Please let me
> know, if you have a cure for this and also I can't go to
> windows update page. .

Jimmy

the first two scripts, are where. the url's you gave me in this box

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Jimmy,
>
> Run the first two scripts one at a time and see if the System Restore
> Wizard appears.
>
> System Restore Calendar Blank
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestore_blank.htm
>
> Restore the default associations for htm/html files
> Windows XP File Association Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>
> More Information.
> Several dialog boxes are blank
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831430&sd=RMVP
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> Jimmy wrote:
> > I'm running windows XP home edition and I did a system
> > restore last week and now I'm trying to do it again for
> > the present day, but when I to system tools and click on
> > system restore, comes up but it's empty, nothing there.
> > Am I missing a file, is the system corrupt. Please let me
> > know, if you have a cure for this and also I can't go to
> > windows update page. .

Hi Jimmy,

You will need to click on the link to download the zip file. Move the
script file from the zip file to the disk top and double click to run
it.