System boot failure

bill6312

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
Hello,this just started a day ago my computer says disk boot failure and wont load windows wont get past wen first starts up just black screen power in on and off fast sometime it will start windows and i run windows 7 i replace hard drive same thing happens can anyone help i run a gigabite board

marcellis22

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
alford10... 'Moderator"? What don't you understand about the computer is it had booted normally, and now it has a "boot failure". I suspect nothing has changed in the BIOS, and NO, SATA drives don't have to be set as AHCI, that just depends on how the drive was set to use when imaged... OP... YOU HAVE A HARD DRIVE FAILURE... Boot into diagnostics if you have a Dell or HP or other OEM type machine... Note the diags output and contact the manufacturer if the system is still under warranty.

It HAD booted normally. It's obviously not now. That's what happens when something changes, such as a hard drive failure or BIOS change.

For a SATA drive, AHCI or RAID should be enabled. However, unless you're running a RAID array, AHCI should be enabled.

Not that it matters, but who said anything about an imaged drive. Windows very likely was installed off of a disc.

A hard drive failure is very possible. But there are other possible causes that can be checked before RMA'ing the hard drive, or purchasing a new one.

bill6312

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
it booted up now set everything to factory settings and changed the cables and on start up it very slow to run could this also be Processer going bad has a quad 4 in it

bill6312

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

wen it boots up it very slow even wipe out the hard drive and still very slow on start up an wen got windows back installed it came up as system crash do that hurt the computer in anyway why i get this error