Question about reseating chips

How do you remove the chips to reseat them? They seem too tight to
remove by hand. Its probably a stupid question but I don't want to
break anything. Thanks for any help.

RJ

Pick up a plastic wedge tool. I cringe on using a screw drive. It seems
that no madder how hard you try you allways end up touching the board
under the IC and possibly damaging some traces. I found that the
plastic tool that is in the P touch label maker works well. I think you
can buy a spoare at an office supply store. Make sure you were a anti
static strap.

RJ

kaz1961 wrote:
> How do you remove the chips to reseat them? They seem too tight to
> remove by hand. Its probably a stupid question but I don't want to
> break anything. Thanks for any help.

Dont remove them by hand, you'll eventually find one that is pretty
tightly attached and then when you use excessive force to grab it, it
all comes out at once in some odd direction and you bend or break a lot
of pins. Use a small flat jeweller's screwdriver or something, and pry
a little on each side until you can remove it by hand. or it pops out.

mark

Soak your chips in sour cream and onions.Then remove and eat.:)
"kaz1961" <ssekaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> How do you remove the chips to reseat them? They seem too tight to
> remove by hand. Its probably a stupid question but I don't want to
> break anything. Thanks for any help.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

use a small flat screwdriver *gently* prising up both ends (one end a little
at a time).
Word of warning, don't jam it under and break tracks/chips/sockets. Patience
is the key.