Browser closure problem

Whenever I am looking at a site and right-click on a link and select "open
in new window" windowsxp closes the window I already had open and then opens
up the link. Also when I have Explorer open and I try to run a second
instance of it the open window closes and then my second instance becomes
becomes my only open window. Can someone please tell me what setting is
causing this? I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Thanks,

sure go to my computer and click it at the top of that window click the tools
, folder options and in there you will find it. Or In IE go to tools internet
options, advanced and then click restore defaults
mstout2001