The following Application Pop error occurs each time that i launch my
default Internet brouser. It doesn't appear to interrupt anything but becomes
annoying that I have insufficient knowledge to eliminate it

Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem :
C:\DOCUME~1\Alfred\LOCALS~1\Temp\SURFAI~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:06fd IP:011d OP:65 63 68 6e 6f Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2

"Alf Lucas" wrote:

> The following Application Pop error occurs each time that i launch my
> default Internet brouser. It doesn't appear to interrupt anything but becomes
> annoying that I have insufficient knowledge to eliminate it
>
> Event Source: Application Popup
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 26
> Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem :
> C:\DOCUME~1\Alfred\LOCALS~1\Temp\SURFAI~1.EXE
> The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
> CS:06fd IP:011d OP:65 63 68 6e 6f Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
>
> Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2

Hi

Please see if the following helps:

http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=26&source=Application+Popup