Application Popup Error

The following Application Pop error occurs each time that i launch my
default Internet brouser. It doesn't appear to interrupt anything but becomes
annoying that I have insufficient knowledge to eliminate it

Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem :
C:\DOCUME~1\Alfred\LOCALS~1\Temp\SURFAI~1.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:06fd IP:011d OP:65 63 68 6e 6f Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2
2 answers Last reply
More about application popup error

    "Alf Lucas" wrote:

    > The following Application Pop error occurs each time that i launch my
    > default Internet brouser. It doesn't appear to interrupt anything but becomes
    > annoying that I have insufficient knowledge to eliminate it
    >
    > Event Source: Application Popup
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 26
    > Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem :
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Alfred\LOCALS~1\Temp\SURFAI~1.EXE
    > The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    > CS:06fd IP:011d OP:65 63 68 6e 6f Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.
    >
    > Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2

    Hi

    Please see if the following helps:

    http://www.eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=26&source=Application+Popup

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "Alf Lucas" <alf@baccara39.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message

    > The following Application Pop error occurs each time that i launch my
    > default Internet brouser. It doesn't appear to interrupt anything but
    > becomes
    > annoying that I have insufficient knowledge to eliminate it
    >
    > Event Source: Application Popup
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 26
    > Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem :
    > C:\DOCUME~1\Alfred\LOCALS~1\Temp\SURFAI~1.EXE
    > The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    > CS:06fd IP:011d OP:65 63 68 6e 6f Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    > application.
    >
    > Windows XP (Home Edition) SP2

Windows XP