restore contro panel link from my computer

I seem to recall that if I had 'My Computer" open that the page had a direct
link to Control Panel, but now it's gone. Rather than having to go through
start I would prefer to restore settings back to the way they were. How is
this done?

--
Thanks in advance

its still there
under System Tasks....change a setting
peterk

the problem

The Old Timer wrote:
> I seem to recall that if I had 'My Computer" open that the page had a direct
> link to Control Panel, but now it's gone. Rather than having to go through
> start I would prefer to restore settings back to the way they were. How is
> this done?
>
> --
> Thanks in advance

open the 'my computer' folder. (any folder will do, but this will show
you resutls immediately).
go to tools..folder options, and there, you can change the view from
classic to "show common tasks". Click 'ok'

Hi Old Timer,

Open My Computer and go to Tools - Folder Options - View tab.
Check "Show Control Panel in My Computer."

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User