MSWORD NOT WORKING AFTER UPGRADE FROM ME TO XP

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

My PC was upgraded from Windows ME to XP professional after the upgrade I
installed Office 2000 premium and it worked fine until the system stared
getting updates from microsoft updates page.
Now my problem is that I can not open MSWORD I have this error microsoft
word for windows has encounter a problem and needs to close.

AppName: windword exe AppVer 9.0.0.2717 ModName: mcscan32.dll

ModVer: 4.1.60 Offset: 0002977177

Please Help!!!
Thanks in advance

map

LEO wrote:
> My PC was upgraded from Windows ME to XP professional after the
> upgrade I installed Office 2000 premium and it worked fine until the
> system stared getting updates from microsoft updates page.
> Now my problem is that I can not open MSWORD I have this error
> microsoft word for windows has encounter a problem and needs to close.
>
> AppName: windword exe AppVer 9.0.0.2717 ModName: mcscan32.dll
>
> ModVer: 4.1.60 Offset: 0002977177
>
> Please Help!!!
> Thanks in advance

Are you using McCrappy?
http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-36,GGLD:en&q=mcscan32%2Edll

--
Mike Pawlak

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> My PC was upgraded from Windows ME to XP professional after
> the upgrade I
> installed Office 2000 premium and it worked fine until the
> system stared
> getting updates from microsoft updates page.
> Now my problem is that I can not open MSWORD I have this error
> microsoft
> word for windows has encounter a problem and needs to close.
>
> AppName: windword exe AppVer 9.0.0.2717 ModName: mcscan32.dll
>
> ModVer: 4.1.60 Offset: 0002977177
>
> Please Help!!!
> Thanks in advance

Not supprising, windows updates dose brake things. Anyway, reinstall
word.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-MSWORD-WORKING-UPGRADE-XP-ftopict551669.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1748380