Error message when trying to install Win XP home

I get this when I try to install onto a new HD

0x0000006F: SESSION3_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

There seems to be a blemish on the disk itself, I used another WinXP home
w/SP2 disk and do not get this error message.

Could the Win XP disk be bad?

Will microsoft replace the bad disk ?

Thanks

Hi

If the XP CD is a Retail one, please try here:

"How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User