Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Gaming Laptop for 500-600

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
Share
November 19, 2012 5:16:23 PM

So, my girlfriend needs me to get her a laptop mainly for gaming and design software for her school, our budget is about 500-600 dollars she wants an screen 15" inches or bigger , best if its bigger but we wouldn't mind 15 also for some reason she prefers acers, but as long as it is good brand wouldn't matter. any suggestions on what i could get?
thanks in advance

More about : gaming laptop 500 600

November 19, 2012 5:30:56 PM

oops this is in pounds sorry
m
0
l
Related resources
November 19, 2012 5:37:24 PM

yeah, that is a bit off the price =P but really good laptop thanks anyway >.<
m
0
l
November 19, 2012 5:39:50 PM

I would look at something featuring an AMD apu. Generally speaking you will have to give up something on the CPU power but gain a bit in the "gaming" section. The integrated graphics on Intel CPU's are not all that good for gaming. But above all try to find anything with a discrete GPU. I can find them in my country here for under 600 but im from holland so that won't help i guess.
m
0
l
November 19, 2012 5:42:30 PM

if you give me the names i might be able to find them somewhere else
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
November 20, 2012 2:44:08 AM

When considering what laptop, consider that the amd A10-4600m integrated 7660g is on par with a GT 630m ish. I would definitely choose the 7660g integrated over a 610m and 620m.
m
0
l
November 20, 2012 4:30:12 AM

here's the best i could find for bottom of your range, it's similar to the person above me 400mhz slower with a faster gpu...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

the one i link has a DEDICATED GPU not using the APU... i just read into that... damn good deal for a quadcore AMD+7670M
m
0
l
November 23, 2012 7:36:54 PM

Ohmybad said:
here's the best i could find for bottom of your range, it's similar to the person above me 400mhz slower with a faster gpu...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

the one i link has a DEDICATED GPU not using the APU... i just read into that... damn good deal for a quadcore AMD+7670M




this is a really good deal actually.. i think ill buy this one
m
0
l
November 23, 2012 8:20:08 PM

aacis said:
this is a really good deal actually.. i think ill buy this one



This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

is more expensive but it's the difference between playing almost all current games in High vs Medium of the laptop you are thinking of buying.

These are the game benchmarks for both: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M.69483.... (the graphics card you are buying)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-640M.715... the one that plays most games on high settings.
m
0
l
November 24, 2012 1:18:33 AM

enoch29sf said:
This one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

is more expensive but it's the difference between playing almost all current games in High vs Medium of the laptop you are thinking of buying.

These are the game benchmarks for both: http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-7670M.69483.... (the graphics card you are buying)

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-640M.715... the one that plays most games on high settings.


yeah but we are really on a tight budget 600 is our limit and we already pushed it =/
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
November 24, 2012 9:18:56 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... linked above will be able to handle most games just fine. With drivers maturing for asymmetrical crossfire the trinity a8's 7640g + 7670m working together should net you better results than the gt 640m when the games allow it. And the 7670m is more than capable of handling them alone when needed.

On a side note though, you will want to use the money you save by not hitting your max budget of 600 and picking up 8 gigs of 1600 MHz ram as the trinity architecture is very demanding on memory bandwidth. If you did that you would see good improvements on overall performance and it will only cost like 30-40 for the memory upgrade.
m
0
l
!