certain files cant be copied during install of windows xp ..

Im installing a copy of windows xp pro, during istall of files i keep getting
these messages saying cant install file this or that for example and this is
one of the files cant install file wpdusb.sys press enter to retry. I try the
retry but it does not install the file. It does this on lots of different
files. I have the option to press esc and skip the file but I dont think this
is a good idea. WHy is this happening. I tried formatting the HDD, I tried
upgrading from win me. same issues when trying to install xp pro. I have two
copies and no its not the disk. Can you tell me what is going on

You tried formatting the hd,what happens then???Try this,forget the upgrade
from ME,xp doesnt need or use any of those files,install xp cd,boot to xp cd,
then at info screen select,install xp,new copy,delete the
partition(ME),create
one,then xp formats then does a clean installation.Make sure all hardware is
disconnected but mouse,keyboard,remove extra video cards,printers,modem
etc.till xp is installed.

"mstout2001" wrote:

> Im installing a copy of windows xp pro, during istall of files i keep getting
> these messages saying cant install file this or that for example and this is
> one of the files cant install file wpdusb.sys press enter to retry. I try the
> retry but it does not install the file. It does this on lots of different
> files. I have the option to press esc and skip the file but I dont think this
> is a good idea. WHy is this happening. I tried formatting the HDD, I tried
> upgrading from win me. same issues when trying to install xp pro. I have two
> copies and no its not the disk. Can you tell me what is going on

I did format the drive, but got same issue. I believe the only thing I didnt
do is take out the ati 9800 video card. I am not sure why that would cause
issue but it may. Its weird how it cant copy all these different files. Ive
never seen that before but It may not know about this new video card. I did
delete the old partition and formated ntfs that was not the issue. I cant get
this thing to work. And like I said I have new disks from microsoft. With
service pack 2 and without. Both give me those same errors on not being able
to copy this file or that file. any idea?