XP REINSTALL NEEDED?

When using a reinstall recovery disk to restore the system does XP need an
activation code of some sort? System is functional but it will not accept
activation of Norton Systemworks 2005. IE6 will not communicate with Windows
Update Site, just a blank screen including other non responsive sites with
Java Script. System Restore disabled.
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstall needed

    not that im aware of. you have disabled the system restore feature. But that
    is not the issue. If you installed system works and it has fire wall what may
    be the issue is the windows firewall and norton cant be on together. If they
    are you will not be able to communicate with update site and IE will not
    function properly. This happend to me with norton. But on mine it would not
    even let me get onto the internet. I would uninstall system works and see
    what you get. If it fixes problem then you know. As to back up and restore
    you should go and turn it back on
    mstout2001

    "KEIFER1970" <KEIFER1970@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When using a reinstall recovery disk to restore the system does XP need an
    > activation code of some sort? System is functional but it will not accept
    > activation of Norton Systemworks 2005. IE6 will not communicate with
    > Windows
    > Update Site, just a blank screen including other non responsive sites with
    > Java Script. System Restore disabled.

    It really depends on the recovery CD. Some do, some don't. But the key
    should be on the sticker on the computer.

Windows XP