Background Information Transfer Service

I recently needed to 'update' from M/soft and was unable to download
the updates. A call to M/soft discovered that the BITS file was not
working? I was told to reinstall XP from the CD but as it was loaded
onto my computer at purchase, I don't have it and am reluctant to do a
'destructive recovery' as the previous time I was instructed to do
that, it failed to reinstall 'Outlook'. Any advise please

Learn to use a backup device, and start over. My way would be to add a new drive (perhaps USB,) and run the Fast Wizard, then
reinstall, and restore from the second drive.
Save settings and data with the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard (FAST wizard): Go To: http://www.aumha.org/win5/a/fast.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"peedee" <peedee@webace.com.au> wrote in message news:1120121599.267288.154860@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>I recently needed to 'update' from M/soft and was unable to download
> the updates. A call to M/soft discovered that the BITS file was not
> working? I was told to reinstall XP from the CD but as it was loaded
> onto my computer at purchase, I don't have it and am reluctant to do a
> 'destructive recovery' as the previous time I was instructed to do
> that, it failed to reinstall 'Outlook'. Any advise please

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I recently needed to 'update' from M/soft and was unable to
> download
> the updates. A call to M/soft discovered that the BITS file
> was not
> working? I was told to reinstall XP from the CD but as it was
> loaded
> onto my computer at purchase, I don't have it and am reluctant
> to do a
> 'destructive recovery' as the previous time I was instructed
> to do
> that, it failed to reinstall 'Outlook'. Any advise please

Are you sure the BITS SERVICE (it’s not a file, althow it will be run
from an executable file) is running?

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Background-Information-Transfer-Service-ftopict551739.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1748379