TECH: Space Invaders Deluxe - Garble at power up - Please ..

Last response: in Video Games
Share
September 13, 2005 1:48:00 AM

Hi -

Picked this up the other day, would come up with some mild garble on
the existing characters, but crash when coined up. Sound was working.
General decline from there, to this image that I have now.

http://www.revisionx.com/temp/deadsid.jpg

The power supply is giving a good +/-5V and 12V (measured on game
board). Swapped CPUs - same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Maximus...
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 8:10:27 AM

Aaah . Ye old ram problem. one or more of your rams are bad (2101's).
There's 16 of them on there. Time to send it out for repair.

John
September 13, 2005 11:08:58 AM

I have several tested working midway 8080 motherboards
for swap. Contact me offline for details.
-Scott
http://www.brasington.org/arcade/
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:10:26 AM

I should have said bad 2107 rams.... sorry about that.

john
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:08:49 PM

Get one of Scott's Multi game kits , it helps so much when fixing these
boards. Will tell you which ram to pull + plus 7 games to play!

<maximus@revisionx.com> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> Picked this up the other day, would come up with some mild garble on
> the existing characters, but crash when coined up. Sound was working.
> General decline from there, to this image that I have now.
>
> http://www.revisionx.com/temp/deadsid.jpg
>
> The power supply is giving a good +/-5V and 12V (measured on game
> board). Swapped CPUs - same result.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
> Maximus...

September 14, 2005 2:15:11 AM

Baraka, Braze, Mecw:

Thanks for the help - I agree - looks to be a RAM problem. Going to
try and track some down tomorrow or order on-line. I'm pretty good at
soldering, so I'll work on de-populating the RAMs in the meanwhile.

Thanks again,
Scott...

!