TECH: Space Invaders Deluxe - Garble at power up - Please ..

Hi -

Picked this up the other day, would come up with some mild garble on
the existing characters, but crash when coined up. Sound was working.
General decline from there, to this image that I have now.

http://www.revisionx.com/temp/deadsid.jpg

The power supply is giving a good +/-5V and 12V (measured on game
board). Swapped CPUs - same result.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Maximus...
6 answers Last reply
More about tech space invaders deluxe garble power

    Aaah . Ye old ram problem. one or more of your rams are bad (2101's).
    There's 16 of them on there. Time to send it out for repair.

    John

    doing the same thing with me space encounters...just found this link
    hope it helps..

    http://www.flippers.com/vid-tips.html#Space

    I have several tested working midway 8080 motherboards
    for swap. Contact me offline for details.
    -Scott
    http://www.brasington.org/arcade/

    I should have said bad 2107 rams.... sorry about that.

    john

    Get one of Scott's Multi game kits , it helps so much when fixing these
    boards. Will tell you which ram to pull + plus 7 games to play!

    <maximus@revisionx.com> wrote in message
    > Hi -
    >
    > Picked this up the other day, would come up with some mild garble on
    > the existing characters, but crash when coined up. Sound was working.
    > General decline from there, to this image that I have now.
    >
    > http://www.revisionx.com/temp/deadsid.jpg
    >
    > The power supply is giving a good +/-5V and 12V (measured on game
    > board). Swapped CPUs - same result.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Maximus...

    Baraka, Braze, Mecw:

    Thanks for the help - I agree - looks to be a RAM problem. Going to
    try and track some down tomorrow or order on-line. I'm pretty good at
    soldering, so I'll work on de-populating the RAMs in the meanwhile.

    Thanks again,
    Scott...

    On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:48:00 -0500, maximus@revisionx.com wrote:

    >Hi -
    >
    >Picked this up the other day, would come up with some mild garble on
    >the existing characters, but crash when coined up. Sound was working.
    >General decline from there, to this image that I have now.
    >
    >http://www.revisionx.com/temp/deadsid.jpg
    >
    >The power supply is giving a good +/-5V and 12V (measured on game
    >board). Swapped CPUs - same result.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks,
    >Maximus...