D-link router model numbers?

Last response: in Wireless Networking
April 28, 2004 1:06:10 AM

I'm looking at the di-624 to go with my dwl-g520's. But ive noticed the
di-624+ also runs at 54mbps and there is a free upgrade on dlink's site to
get it running at 108mbps. So my question is why pay the extra for the plus
model? Or im I way off the mark?
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 3:00:26 AM

I'm using the same wi-fi hardware. The + you're looking at is just a
marketing trick.

> Or am I way off the mark?

By the way, I'm disappointed by D-link support. The G520 is running out of
software support since v2.42. That was released last year...
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 3:00:27 AM

Ive just been looking around and apparently the 624+ is a g standard and the
624 is super g. G520 cards are super g so it looks like i have to get the
624.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 5:32:49 AM

Are you using your wireless network to connect two of your computers, or are
you using it for Internet access? If you're using it primarily for Internet
access, then the speed is irrelevant, since even a typical throughput of 5-7
Mbps for 802.11b is faster than your broadband connection.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+

!