D-link router model numbers?

I'm looking at the di-624 to go with my dwl-g520's. But ive noticed the
di-624+ also runs at 54mbps and there is a free upgrade on dlink's site to
get it running at 108mbps. So my question is why pay the extra for the plus
model? Or im I way off the mark?
3 answers Last reply
More about link router model numbers

    I'm using the same wi-fi hardware. The + you're looking at is just a
    marketing trick.

    > Or am I way off the mark?

    By the way, I'm disappointed by D-link support. The G520 is running out of
    software support since v2.42. That was released last year...

    Ive just been looking around and apparently the 624+ is a g standard and the
    624 is super g. G520 cards are super g so it looks like i have to get the
    624.

    Are you using your wireless network to connect two of your computers, or are
    you using it for Internet access? If you're using it primarily for Internet
    access, then the speed is irrelevant, since even a typical throughput of 5-7
    Mbps for 802.11b is faster than your broadband connection.

    Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+

    "Mr_Reece" <Mr_Reece@REMOVEYHEOBVIOUShotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm looking at the di-624 to go with my dwl-g520's. But ive noticed the
    > di-624+ also runs at 54mbps and there is a free upgrade on dlink's site to
    > get it running at 108mbps. So my question is why pay the extra for the
    plus
    > model? Or im I way off the mark?

Routers D-Link Wireless Networking