The best for video playback

G

What can be the best graphic card for video playback ?
You know DivX MPEG-2 and streaming on the net.
What can be the winner betwenn ATI NVDIA MATROX ext ?
Do you know where i can read about the playback video quality of each of those GPU ?

Thanks a lot for your collaboration.

Gilles Auger

G

Hi.
I know that Matrox sells the dual G400 with its RT2000 video editing kit. G400 wont be as good in the 3D arena but it's output picture quality is second to none.
You might get a better answer in a dedicated forum like at the www.videoguys.com.
Good luck!

G

For video playback you definately want to go with ATI. Nvidia is a great gaming card, yet doesn't have as good of image quality or video playback features/software/hardware as an ATI card. Matrox does have excellent image quality, yet their last card came out a very long time ago in the video card world. This card would play any games rather slow. Also it isn't optimized for MPEG-2/DVD playback.

ATI has a reputation for good image quality, and their new Radeon cards have HARDWARE MPEG-2/DVD playback! This itself accelorates the videon and produces the best quality with the least system demands. Definately get a ATI card for video image quality, gaming, and excellent video playback in one.

G

I have to agree with CyberGragg. ATI card have fantastic video quality. Shame about 3D though.

E-mail: massey_p@hotmail.com
Web Site: www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~hc98pm/

G

Couldn't agree more.
Radeons have fantastic video quality.

I have recently acquired the 64MB Radeon. Before that I had a XPert 2000 card. Both have performed brilliantly.

Radeon is definately the way to go.

E-mail: massey_p@hotmail.com
Web Site: www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~hc98pm/