Tech: Sf Rush Extreme screen freezing up. lock ups. sit do..

Last response: in Video Games
September 13, 2005 12:43:35 AM

Been working on one of these today and one problem off the bat was the
+5 volts jumping up and down. The edge connector pins were very relaxed
and fit loose. The 5 volt pads on the board only had very mild burn.
They are shiny now. So now I have a stable 5.155 volts on the board.
The average is sticking. I had this up to 5.3 after I changed the pins
and it still locked! I was told that 5.3 is what it should run at and
suspect this caused that lock up. I now went half way with 5.15 volts
and will see what that does tomorrow. that's were I left off. If she is
still locking any suggestions? I know there was a mod for the rush the
rock boards.. this is a extreme. unless if the extreme boards are
exactly the same except form roms? Thanks.
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 11:13:33 AM

Its still locking up this morning!.. hd test ran with no errors..grr
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:15:14 PM

Try hooking up an old computer power supply to the hard drive. that's worked
for me in the past.

"Arcade_Spirit (Chad Entringer)" <arkenstone3@earthlink.net> wrote in
message news:1126583015.414502.75110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> Been working on one of these today and one problem off the bat was the
> +5 volts jumping up and down. The edge connector pins were very relaxed
> and fit loose. The 5 volt pads on the board only had very mild burn.
> They are shiny now. So now I have a stable 5.155 volts on the board.
> The average is sticking. I had this up to 5.3 after I changed the pins
> and it still locked! I was told that 5.3 is what it should run at and
> suspect this caused that lock up. I now went half way with 5.15 volts
> and will see what that does tomorrow. that's were I left off. If she is
> still locking any suggestions? I know there was a mod for the rush the
> rock boards.. this is a extreme. unless if the extreme boards are
> exactly the same except form roms? Thanks.

September 13, 2005 9:54:34 PM

Hey rick thanks!.. I think that did it!. will get back to you tomorrow
when I know for sure. only had it up for a bit before i called it a
day. Do you think the power supply couldnt keep up with the current
being drawn?. Sincerly Chad.
Anonymous
September 21, 2005 8:10:59 PM

Ended up having to replace the drive.. bit by bit copy.. works great
now..
!