Tech: Sf Rush Extreme screen freezing up. lock ups. sit do..

Been working on one of these today and one problem off the bat was the
+5 volts jumping up and down. The edge connector pins were very relaxed
and fit loose. The 5 volt pads on the board only had very mild burn.
They are shiny now. So now I have a stable 5.155 volts on the board.
The average is sticking. I had this up to 5.3 after I changed the pins
and it still locked! I was told that 5.3 is what it should run at and
suspect this caused that lock up. I now went half way with 5.15 volts
and will see what that does tomorrow. that's were I left off. If she is
still locking any suggestions? I know there was a mod for the rush the
rock boards.. this is a extreme. unless if the extreme boards are
exactly the same except form roms? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about tech rush extreme screen freezing lock

    Its still locking up this morning!.. hd test ran with no errors..grr

    Try hooking up an old computer power supply to the hard drive. that's worked
    for me in the past.

    "Arcade_Spirit (Chad Entringer)" <arkenstone3@earthlink.net> wrote in
    message news:1126583015.414502.75110@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
    > Been working on one of these today and one problem off the bat was the
    > +5 volts jumping up and down. The edge connector pins were very relaxed
    > and fit loose. The 5 volt pads on the board only had very mild burn.
    > They are shiny now. So now I have a stable 5.155 volts on the board.
    > The average is sticking. I had this up to 5.3 after I changed the pins
    > and it still locked! I was told that 5.3 is what it should run at and
    > suspect this caused that lock up. I now went half way with 5.15 volts
    > and will see what that does tomorrow. that's were I left off. If she is
    > still locking any suggestions? I know there was a mod for the rush the
    > rock boards.. this is a extreme. unless if the extreme boards are
    > exactly the same except form roms? Thanks.

    Hey rick thanks!.. I think that did it!. will get back to you tomorrow
    when I know for sure. only had it up for a bit before i called it a
    day. Do you think the power supply couldnt keep up with the current
    being drawn?. Sincerly Chad.

    Ended up having to replace the drive.. bit by bit copy.. works great
    now..

Video Games