So I am buying a new laptop and will be mainly used for watching videos, web browsing and playing the occasional game such as CS:GO.
Now the game playing ability of the machine is not the main priority here as I have a gaming rig desktop, and only really buying this laptop for when i travel away for work. The one that I have my eyes on atm is the ASUS N56VM which has: Intel Core i7 3610QM Processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 15.6" backlit display (1920 x 1080), NVIDIA GeForce 650m GPU, 750GB HDD, Super Multi DVD and weighs 2.7kg..... $1080 AUS....... I am definetly happy with these specs but was wondering what your thoughts were on this machine and if there are any others you people would recommend for similar price/value.
Anyway here is the filled out FAQ.
I appreciate all help =]
1. What is your budget? My budget is within $1200 AUS
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? Looking around a 15.6" but can go 2" either way
3. What screen resolution do you want? Full HD 1920 x 1080
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Needs to be portable but a bit of weight doesn't upset me.
5. How much battery life do you need? A decent amount of battery life, but does not have to be over the top
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? I am prefectly fine with medium settings and want to play things like CS:GO, Diablo3 if possible.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Mainly just web browsing and watching movies, although maybe in the future some video editing would be handy.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) around 750GB +/- 250GB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? Around 3 years would be good, as said before I use my desktop mainly
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? I assume all I want is the DVD as most videos are on HDD.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Not a brand nazi, all about the specs!
13. What country do you live in? Australia
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.