What is a project Pacman cabaret worth?

I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really have
no idea what this may be worth.

Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No security
bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have the
"bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing top
one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.

Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white outside or
vise-versa...can't remember) .

Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that mounts
perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say potentially
because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get anything
but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter I had made for
it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like edge connector.

If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.

I'll try and post pictures soon.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
John
12 answers Last reply
More about what project pacman cabaret worth
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Here are some photos

    http://www.pbase.com/jripley/pacman

    and a few corrections. Cab has the usual scratches and dings (back right
    corner has some minor damage). Crack in side shot (1st pic) is only in the
    walnut veneer, not through the entire cabinet...not sure what black smudge
    mark is but more obvious in photo lighting whatever it is. Joystick has 1
    grommet installed, 1 extra NOS and 1 junk one. Also has additional joystick
    & bracket with wiring harness.

    John

    "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really have
    >no idea what this may be worth.
    >
    > Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    > damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    > security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have
    > the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    > jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    > top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    >
    > Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    > separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    > grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white outside
    > or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    >
    > Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that mounts
    > perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
    > Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say potentially
    > because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get
    > anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter I
    > had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like
    > edge connector.
    >
    > If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    >
    > I'll try and post pictures soon.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    > John

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $200-250

    "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really have
    >no idea what this may be worth.
    >
    > Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    > damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    > security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have
    > the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    > jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    > top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    >
    > Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    > separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    > grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white outside
    > or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    >
    > Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that mounts
    > perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
    > Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say potentially
    > because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get
    > anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter I
    > had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like
    > edge connector.
    >
    > If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    >
    > I'll try and post pictures soon.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    > John

  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $100
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I agree...

    --
    AF
    "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
    > $200-250
    >
    > "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really
    have
    > >no idea what this may be worth.
    > >
    > > Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    > > damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    > > security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have
    > > the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    > > jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    > > top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    > >
    > > Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    > > separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    > > grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white
    outside
    > > or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    > >
    > > Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that
    mounts
    > > perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
    > > Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say
    potentially
    > > because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get
    > > anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter I
    > > had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like
    > > edge connector.
    > >
    > > If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    > >
    > > I'll try and post pictures soon.
    > >
    > > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    > > John

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    25-50
    "Arcadeforever" <ve3zxr@comcast.net> wrote in message
    >I agree...
    >
    > --
    > AF
    > "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
    >> $200-250
    >>
    >> "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> >I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really
    > have
    >> >no idea what this may be worth.
    >> >
    >> > Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    >> > damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    >> > security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I
    >> > have
    >> > the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    >> > jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    >> > top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    >> >
    >> > Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    >> > separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    >> > grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white
    > outside
    >> > or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    >> >
    >> > Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that
    > mounts
    >> > perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
    >> > Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say
    > potentially
    >> > because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get
    >> > anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter
    >> > had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like
    >> > edge connector.
    >> >
    >> > If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    >> >
    >> > I'll try and post pictures soon.
    >> >
    >> > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    >> > John

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Rule of thumb.AS LITTLE AS YOU CAN GET IT FOR.These days people just want
    the old games out of their way or will give it to you for free if you just
    take it out of their basement.I just picked up the best Asteroids I've ever
    seen in 19 years for 100.00.If i didn't feel so guilty about it.I probably
    could have gotten it for free.I also just got a 1975 Bally Wizard Pinball
    machine for the same price just because the people were moving to Florida.I
    scooped it up for 100.00 in nice working condition.It's worth about 1200.00
    im told.Things are not the way they used to be so you might as well take
    advantage of it while these things are still worth anything.I personally
    wouldn't pay more then 100.00 for any machine at this time.I was in business
    for so many years buying and selling games that allot of my old customers
    who bought classics from me years ago.Now are retiring or just moving and
    call me to please take it out of their way for almost nothing.I just love
    when they ask for almost nothing for it.That way i don't have to feel bad
    that i made them a low offer.They had their fun with the game and now it
    doesn't have the value to them that it did when they wanted it years ago.
    "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really have
    >no idea what this may be worth.
    >
    > Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    > damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    > security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have
    > the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    > jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    > top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    >
    > Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    > separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    > grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white outside
    > or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    >
    > Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that mounts
    > perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially) non-working
    > Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say potentially
    > because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable to get
    > anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA adapter I
    > had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other pac-man like
    > edge connector.
    >
    > If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    >
    > I'll try and post pictures soon.
    >
    > Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    > John

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    $50-$150

    > Here are some photos
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jripley/pacman
    >
    > and a few corrections. Cab has the usual scratches and dings (back right
    > corner has some minor damage). Crack in side shot (1st pic) is only in
    > the walnut veneer, not through the entire cabinet...not sure what black
    > smudge mark is but more obvious in photo lighting whatever it is.
    > Joystick has 1 grommet installed, 1 extra NOS and 1 junk one. Also has
    > additional joystick & bracket with wiring harness.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I'd have a hard time even with 100 for nothing more than wood and a
    marquee..

    "phoenixarcade.com" <azarcadegames@cox.net> wrote in message
    > $100

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    200-250?????

    FS: PacMan Mini Project. ;)

    A!
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I'd like to rescind my opinion. I hadn't read the post well enough.
    $100-150

    "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
    > $200-250
    >
    > "John" <JUNKripley.forsaleFREE@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>I usually deal with run-of-the-mill jamma cabs for MAMEing so I really
    >>have no idea what this may be worth.
    >>
    >> Nice original pacman cabaret with walnut finish & t-molding. No water
    >> damage or broken corners. Less than normal scratches and dings. No
    >> security bars have been drilled into from. Missing back door but I have
    >> the "bubble". Has midway coin door w/ mechs. Wiring and p/s have been
    >> jammatized. Has clean marquee. Has bottom marquee bracket but missing
    >> top one. Missing glass bezel and bottom bezel retainer.
    >>
    >> Control panel (with latches) is there but has been hacked. Has (in a
    >> separate box) original pacman joystick with what seems like 2 extra NOS
    >> grommets. Includes original 1p/2p buttons (red button with white outside
    >> or vise-versa...can't remember) .
    >>
    >> Includes a bright and clean 13" monitor (looks relatively new) that
    >> mounts perfectly in the cab. Also included is a (potentially)
    >> non-working Pac1/Pac2 boolteg with Falcon-to-JAMMA pinout adapter. I say
    >> potentially because I was told it was working recently, but I am unable
    >> to get anything but snow on the Falcon edge connector using the JAMMA
    >> adapter I had made for it. I don't have a harness to test the other
    >> pac-man like edge connector.
    >>
    >> If the "market" makes any difference, it is in Central Texas.
    >>
    >> I'll try and post pictures soon.
    >>
    >> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
    >> John

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    You can't rescind your opinion. ;) You break it, You bought it. All
    purchases final. heh.

    Chuk wrote:
    > I'd like to rescind my opinion. I hadn't read the post well enough.
    > $100-150
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Thanks guys. Suppose it all depends on the buyer. I'll see what I can get
    for it locally but likely would keep it for anything under $175.

    John

Games Video Video Games Product