Replacing Cpi D300XT harddisc

kristian

Hej,
My original 4,3 GB harddisc has broken and I'm trying to replace it
with a 2,1 GB Toshiba drive (mk2100maf). But bios won't detect it. The
odd thing is that a CD-boot Linux (Knoppix) does detect it.
I've upgrade to bios A12, but still nothing. What else could I do? Any
ideas?
/Kristian

Fixer

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2004

Try clearing the NV RAM by going into the BIOS, then make sure Cap Lock, Num
Lock and Scroll lock are all on and then press in this order alt and E, alt
and F and finally alt and B and hold it down till you hear bleeps then the
machine will reboot and reconfigure itself