Disk Space

June 30, 2005 2:42:40 PM

Hello,

I have win xp home ed. SP2 and when I go to "C" properties I see as used
space 11.1 GB, but if I open "C" then "select all" -- showing hidden
files and folders -- I have a total of 7.5 GB in used space, how come
that I have a difference of almost 3 GB?? Does anyone know?
Thanks so much.

E.

More about : disk space

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:42:41 PM

Additional hard drive space is used by the Page File, the Hibernation File,
and the System Restore file.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Eliana" again wrote:

| Hello,
|
| I have win xp home ed. SP2 and when I go to "C" properties I see as used
| space 11.1 GB, but if I open "C" then "select all" -- showing hidden
| files and folders -- I have a total of 7.5 GB in used space, how come
| that I have a difference of almost 3 GB?? Does anyone know?
| Thanks so much.
|
| E.
Anonymous
June 30, 2005 2:42:41 PM

That's normal, because Windows always hide system files.

!