Disk Space

Hello,

I have win xp home ed. SP2 and when I go to "C" properties I see as used
space 11.1 GB, but if I open "C" then "select all" -- showing hidden
files and folders -- I have a total of 7.5 GB in used space, how come
that I have a difference of almost 3 GB?? Does anyone know?
Thanks so much.

E.
2 answers Last reply
More about disk space

    Additional hard drive space is used by the Page File, the Hibernation File,
    and the System Restore file.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Eliana" again wrote:

    | Hello,
    |
    | I have win xp home ed. SP2 and when I go to "C" properties I see as used
    | space 11.1 GB, but if I open "C" then "select all" -- showing hidden
    | files and folders -- I have a total of 7.5 GB in used space, how come
    | that I have a difference of almost 3 GB?? Does anyone know?
    | Thanks so much.
    |
    | E.

    That's normal, because Windows always hide system files.

    "Eliana" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have win xp home ed. SP2 and when I go to "C" properties I see as used
    > space 11.1 GB, but if I open "C" then "select all" -- showing hidden
    > files and folders -- I have a total of 7.5 GB in used space, how come
    > that I have a difference of almost 3 GB?? Does anyone know?
    > Thanks so much.
    >
    > E.

Disk Space Windows XP