TV-Out on PCI card

wishmaster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I am setting up my older 2nd system in my entertainment center. I need to get a PCI video card that offers TV-OUT, as I don't plan to have a monitor setup on it. Can anyone recommend a good reasonbly priced one? How about the Velocity 4400 with nVidia TNT? Does TV-Out work good on this? This system will be running Windows 2000 BTW.

G

Hey,

Look for the old STB Velocity. it runs the Riva, Riva ZX chipset (pre TNT), and it comes with Tv-Out. It should cost you like 20 bucks if you can find it.

Timothy Stankus
One of the First AMD Athlon Users =)

G

You are trying to build an entertainment center with a old card such as that. Really, if you want it took look as good as possible, you should get a new Nvidia or ATI card with an output. ATI has always been large on including features such as TV-out on their cards. I don't know about the cost, but for a decent TV-out and PCI setup, I would go with an older ATI card. You can use ATI in this case because you want more of image quality rather then gaming performance in an entertainment center.

wishmaster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks, I think I'll go for the ATI Xpert@Play98 with the Rage Pro chip, and 8MB RAM. This card can be had reasonably. I also purchased a Inno3d GeForce2 MX, as they have a PCI version, but couldn't justify the $120 price for this old system.

wishmaster

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
The problem with the Riva 128, is poor TV-Out quality (refer to Tom's review), and no W2K drivers. This is the problem with trying to find an older card, no drivers for W2K.