Click YES to complete download

I keep getting a box popping up saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer (a yellow
triangle with an exclamation mark) Click YES to complete your download. A
little box with "OK". I'm fed up with this thing keep popping up every 2
mins and can't find out what it is or how to correct the problem. Can anyone
help please? Thanks.

My guess (if on dial-up) would be an 'autodisconnect on idle' setting.

IE, tools, options, connection tab, setting button, advanced button, see check for disconnect.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"lwh4444" <lwh4444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4230A5-DFAB-4BBB-A291-D6C2764DF213@microsoft.com...
>I keep getting a box popping up saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer (a yellow
> triangle with an exclamation mark) Click YES to complete your download. A
> little box with "OK". I'm fed up with this thing keep popping up every 2
> mins and can't find out what it is or how to correct the problem. Can anyone
> help please? Thanks.

Thanks for helping - but I'm on broadband - did check what you suggested, but
everything there was okay. Still keep getting message. Get your thinking
cap on again if you can!!! Many thanks, Laura

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> My guess (if on dial-up) would be an 'autodisconnect on idle' setting.
>
> IE, tools, options, connection tab, setting button, advanced button, see check for disconnect.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "lwh4444" <lwh4444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4230A5-DFAB-4BBB-A291-D6C2764DF213@microsoft.com...
> >I keep getting a box popping up saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer (a yellow
> > triangle with an exclamation mark) Click YES to complete your download. A
> > little box with "OK". I'm fed up with this thing keep popping up every 2
> > mins and can't find out what it is or how to correct the problem. Can anyone
> > help please? Thanks.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I keep getting a box popping up saying "Microsoft Internet
> Explorer (a yellow
> triangle with an exclamation mark) Click YES to complete your
> download. A
> little box with "OK". I'm fed up with this thing keep popping
> up every 2
> mins and can't find out what it is or how to correct the
> problem. Can anyone
> help please? Thanks.

Easy fix, use firefox insted of Internet Explorer.
Slightly more complicated fix, download install and run spybot.

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Why? because Interent Explorer let spyware on your computer, only way
to stop this from happening is to use spybot to remove what spyware IE
has let on, and then stop using Internet Explorer all together, use FF
insted.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Click-complete-download-ftopict551885.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749144

You probably need some form of repair

To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

and if no help

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm
--
Mark L. Ferguson
"lwh4444" <lwh4444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E408BD2-CF34-42DE-8C9F-24AFDCA43023@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for helping - but I'm on broadband - did check what you suggested, but
> everything there was okay. Still keep getting message. Get your thinking
> cap on again if you can!!! Many thanks, Laura
>

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
>> My guess (if on dial-up) would be an 'autodisconnect on idle' setting.
>>
>> IE, tools, options, connection tab, setting button, advanced button, see check for disconnect.
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>> "lwh4444" <lwh4444@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE4230A5-DFAB-4BBB-A291-D6C2764DF213@microsoft.com...
>> >I keep getting a box popping up saying "Microsoft Internet Explorer (a yellow
>> > triangle with an exclamation mark) Click YES to complete your download. A
>> > little box with "OK". I'm fed up with this thing keep popping up every 2
>> > mins and can't find out what it is or how to correct the problem. Can anyone
>> > help please? Thanks.

Many, many thanks - had 115 nasties on the computer that Norton hadn't
found!!! Have finally got rid of that bloomin' "click YES", etc - am very
grateful to you. Thank you. Laura