geforce2 mx 32mb problem

G

I'm runnin this card at agp 2, Detonator 6.31 drivers, dx7, on 800 t-bird on via kt133 k7tpro. Every freakin game i load locks after a couple minutes...usually whole system locks and have to cold boot. I've installed 4-in-1 chipset drivers recently, have tried Detonator versions 6.18 thru 6.47. Any suggestions? System temp ranges from 107 to 118 F.

G

had the same problem, until i updated my BIOS. i have the same motherboard as you do. go to http://www.msi.com.tw/ and download the BIOS update. your motherboard is 6330. Make a bootable floppy disk and extract the bios file onto the disk. then restart your computer with the disk in the drive and everything is done without you having to do anything. after the BIOS is done updating, the computer will restart. when this happens press the "del"button to enter the BIOS set-up. you want to select "load optimizing performance." then hit f10 button and then enter button. trust me on this, it works. plus your memory will truly run at 133mhz, otherwise it runs at 100Mhz, even though you have PC133 memory.

G

Thanks for input...couple questions, though....i downloaded 4-in-1 drivers from msi and nothing in there about loading it onto bootable floppy...other question is I'm running 256mb pc100 sdram, but from your post you seem to suggest running it at 133? Is that because of the kt133 motherboard enhances it'serformance?

glazenuts

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I'm not getting on U. I think U better get someone that knows what there doing to help U. From your reply to 'Sing, You obviously don't. U can fry your system if you don't know what your doing.

Jeff in LA.