Baros won`t go...

Liverpool now has Crespo, Morientes, Cisse, Pongolle, Crouch and Garcia
as strikers. Baros got VERY unhappy. I`ve fined him, transferlisted him,
asking only £4 mill...and Milan and Valencia wanted him. Good, I
thought, finally he`s off. But nooooooooooo, he won`t accept any
contract offers..... SHITHEAD!!!

Pink

Jericho

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2001

Mr. Pink wrote:
> Liverpool now has Crespo, Morientes, Cisse, Pongolle, Crouch and Garcia
> as strikers. Baros got VERY unhappy. I`ve fined him, transferlisted him,
> asking only £4 mill...and Milan and Valencia wanted him. Good, I
> thought, finally he`s off. But nooooooooooo, he won`t accept any
> contract offers..... SHITHEAD!!!
>
> Pink
Made him 'unwanted by the club' or whatever that setting is?

I had a similar problem with Michael Chopra, who I signed for about £1.5
million in one game. After about eight games I realised that he was
rubbish, but his value after scoring six goals (but doing Sweet FA else)
was something like £12 million. I couldn't sell him, couldn't give him
a free transfer, couldn't even get him to go off on loan. Two years
later, he's still in the reserves, still as miserable as anyone who's
ever been alive, and still considered an Important & Valuable First Team
Player by the board because his value just won't drop.

Grr...

"Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message
> Liverpool now has Crespo, Morientes, Cisse, Pongolle, Crouch and Garcia as
> strikers. Baros got VERY unhappy. I`ve fined him, transferlisted him,
> asking only £4 mill...and Milan and Valencia wanted him. Good, I thought,
> finally he`s off. But nooooooooooo, he won`t accept any contract
> offers..... SHITHEAD!!!

Not much you can do (other then cheating by taking over another club and
signing him with insane wages he can't turn down). But what I would do is
list him for even less, make him available for loan, take him off all
training, and move him to the first team so that he doesn't get selected for
reserve matches. You could fine him and critise him all the time but that'd
likely just upset the whole team so probably best not to, although you could
offer him mutual termination daily. Keep offering him to ever club under the
sun too, maybe someone somewhere out there will pay him enough for him to
leave. You could also give him an insulting nick name. But that's just for
your own sake. I always give insulting nick names to players that piss me
off (and ones that turn me down to play in the reserves of another club for
less money then I offered to be part of my first team).

--
Fil

Fil Arkonus wrote:
> "Mr. Pink" <TheMobWillGetYou@notime.com> wrote in message
>
>>Liverpool now has Crespo, Morientes, Cisse, Pongolle, Crouch and Garcia as
>>strikers. Baros got VERY unhappy. I`ve fined him, transferlisted him,
>>asking only £4 mill...and Milan and Valencia wanted him. Good, I thought,
>>finally he`s off. But nooooooooooo, he won`t accept any contract
>>offers..... SHITHEAD!!!
>

> Not much you can do (other then cheating by taking over another club and
> signing him with insane wages he can't turn down). But what I would do is
> list him for even less, make him available for loan, take him off all
> training, and move him to the first team so that he doesn't get selected for
> reserve matches. You could fine him and critise him all the time but that'd
> likely just upset the whole team so probably best not to, although you could
> offer him mutual termination daily. Keep offering him to ever club under the
> sun too, maybe someone somewhere out there will pay him enough for him to
> leave. You could also give him an insulting nick name. But that's just for
> your own sake. I always give insulting nick names to players that piss me
> off (and ones that turn me down to play in the reserves of another club for
> less money then I offered to be part of my first team).
>
> --
> Fil

I`ll hire a hitman...

"GargoyleBG" <minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote in message
> drop him to u18 squad :)

Problem with that is if your not controlling your reserve team, he can still
play for them. Nah I think the hitman option was probably the best.

I did used to have a training scheme called "Please let me die". The idea
was to try and encourage injuries and make the player useless for any buying
club. Of course I normally did that on players that were trying to sneak out
on a bossman or had a transfer agreed for later in the season. Didn't really
work though. I also discovered it's very hard to make a player loose
mobility by making them do too much weight training, so much for that. I'm
sure they loved the goalkeeper training part of it too.

--
Fil

"Fil Arkonus" <fil@arkonuspants.f9pants.copants.ukpants> wrote in message
> "GargoyleBG" <minkov@haskovo.spnet.net> wrote in message
>> drop him to u18 squad :)
>
> Problem with that is if your not controlling your reserve team, he can
> still play for them. Nah I think the hitman option was probably the best.
>
> I did used to have a training scheme called "Please let me die". The idea
> was to try and encourage injuries and make the player useless for any
> buying club. Of course I normally did that on players that were trying to
> sneak out on a bossman or had a transfer agreed for later in the season.
> Didn't really work though. I also discovered it's very hard to make a
> player loose mobility by making them do too much weight training, so much
> for that. I'm sure they loved the goalkeeper training part of it too.
>
> --
> Fil

well you can re-train his position to keeper, game remembers same shedule
even you sell the player, I've seen many of my sold players to get 2nd
position for their new clubs

Mr. Pink wrote:
> Liverpool now has Crespo, Morientes, Cisse, Pongolle, Crouch and Garcia
> as strikers. Baros got VERY unhappy. I`ve fined him, transferlisted him,
> asking only £4 mill...and Milan and Valencia wanted him. Good, I
> thought, finally he`s off. But nooooooooooo, he won`t accept any
> contract offers..... SHITHEAD!!!
>
> Pink

Southampton just bought him. £4 mill.