Netgear MR314 as wireless bridge

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
April 27, 2004 7:30:33 PM

Hello,

Is a setup like this possible:

Apple Airport <--wireless--> MR314 <--wire--> PC

I think that would make the MR314 a bridge? If this is possible, how
do I need to configure the MR314?

Thanks,
Joe
joe AT monozygotic .DOT com
April 28, 2004 3:41:11 AM

"Joseph Goldberg" <jmgold@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is a setup like this possible:
>
> Apple Airport <--wireless--> MR314 <--wire--> PC
>
> I think that would make the MR314 a bridge? If this is possible, how
> do I need to configure the MR314?

Not likely to work, but may get lucky if they are using the same chipset &
firmware.

They usually have to be the same or similar models of the sam emanufacturer.

I have looked into doing the same with Buffalo Air Station (one of the few
routers that supports WDS)
http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation...

Also looked into Netgear wg602. Here is the response I got from their
Support: