Netgear MR314 as wireless bridge

Hello,

Is a setup like this possible:

Apple Airport <--wireless--> MR314 <--wire--> PC

I think that would make the MR314 a bridge? If this is possible, how
do I need to configure the MR314?

Thanks,
Joe
joe AT monozygotic .DOT com
2 answers Last reply
More about netgear mr314 wireless bridge

    "Joseph Goldberg" <jmgold@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is a setup like this possible:
    >
    > Apple Airport <--wireless--> MR314 <--wire--> PC
    >
    > I think that would make the MR314 a bridge? If this is possible, how
    > do I need to configure the MR314?

    Not likely to work, but may get lucky if they are using the same chipset &
    firmware.

    They usually have to be the same or similar models of the sam emanufacturer.

    I have looked into doing the same with Buffalo Air Station (one of the few
    routers that supports WDS)
    http://www.buffalotech.com/wireless/products/airstation/WBR2G54.html

    Also looked into Netgear wg602. Here is the response I got from their
    Support: