Disk Cleanup does not recognize my D Drive

June 30, 2005 2:21:12 PM

Disk Cleanup works fine on my C Drive, no problems. But when I try my D
Drive, it shows zeros for every item, with nothing to clean up. I use my D
Drive everyday, and know there should be something there. I have only C and
D logical drives.

Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your help.
June 30, 2005 9:59:21 PM

"syoung99" <syoung99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Disk Cleanup works fine on my C Drive, no problems. But when I try my D
> Drive, it shows zeros for every item, with nothing to clean up. I use my
> Drive everyday, and know there should be something there. I have only C
and
> D logical drives.
>
> Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your
help.
What kind of device is your D drive?
I see that type of response from CDs and DVDs but never hard drives.
Jim
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 3:19:03 PM

Hello, Jim, and thanks for responding.

The D Drive is NTFS, local disk. Does that help any?

"Jim" wrote:

> "syoung99" <syoung99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Disk Cleanup works fine on my C Drive, no problems. But when I try my D
> > Drive, it shows zeros for every item, with nothing to clean up. I use my
> > Drive everyday, and know there should be something there. I have only C
> and
> > D logical drives.
> >
> > Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you in advance for your
> help.
> What kind of device is your D drive?
> I see that type of response from CDs and DVDs but never hard drives.
> Jim

July 2, 2005 3:38:17 AM

"" wrote:
> "syoung99" <syoung99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > Disk Cleanup works fine on my C Drive, no problems. But
> when I try my D
> > Drive, it shows zeros for every item, with nothing to clean
> up. I use my
> > Drive everyday, and know there should be something there. I
> have only C
> and
> > D logical drives.
> >
> > Could someone tell me how to fix this? Thank you in advance
> for your
> help.
> What kind of device is your D drive?
> I see that type of response from CDs and DVDs but never hard
> drives.
> Jim

What do you mean "I see that type of response from CDs and DVDs but
never hard drives." CD and DVD and readonly sources and removable
storage devices are not supposed to show up.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Disk-Cleanu...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1749063
!