CHK DISK - VOLUME LOCKED

June 30, 2005 3:33:04 PM

RUNNING WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION AND EVERYTIME I USE THE ERROR CHECKING TOOL
ON C DRIVE, A MESSAGE APPEARS SAYING THAT THE VOLUME CANNOT BE OPENED. SO,
THE ERROR CHECKING REFUSES TO START. ANY ANWERS PLEASE.

More about : chk disk volume locked

Anonymous
June 30, 2005 5:44:25 PM

You have to reboot your PC in order to begin the Checkdisk process.

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP